Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: outage  (Read 2566 times)

feeutfo

Re: outage
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2010, 23:33:06 »

There are blocking processes within the Linux kernel that takes around 3-4 mins to complete.  If you make a request whilst that process is running, your request will be held in a queue until that process completes.

I know from the number of queued processes, that some people obviously get impatient, and repeatedly hit refresh ;D

Joking aside, we are looking at ways of reducing the time of that blocking process.
I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to tell peeps about pagereboot.com then, especially if you've upset them  ;D
or 1000s of others, some more destructive ;D

Obviously, anyone trying to bring the site down will as a minimum be banned, may possibly be reported to the law...
OOOOOh cant tell you how guilty i am >:( unfortunately cant tell if its your end or mine though, seriously :-/

obviosly for me its not a question of hitting refresh, but getting the button to register a response(on a smartphone) is it the phone, network, site???? easier to read whats going on on a pc.

with the other issues as well its getting tiresome tbh  :(

anyway, that aside, ultimately what is the solution? or does the software dictate,end of....?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2010, 18:40:22 »

The was a brief outage at 11:15 for 20 mins this morning.  There are a few slowdowns occasionally, reasons are known, need to find an acceptable workaround

did the steam pressure get low on the OOF server today?  :D
It uses that brand new (well, in Brackley) invention call elektrikitty apparently...  (either than or I have a hidden arc furnace in the back garden according to my electric bill  >:()
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 April 2010, 18:43:29 »

There are blocking processes within the Linux kernel that takes around 3-4 mins to complete.  If you make a request whilst that process is running, your request will be held in a queue until that process completes.

I know from the number of queued processes, that some people obviously get impatient, and repeatedly hit refresh ;D

Joking aside, we are looking at ways of reducing the time of that blocking process.
I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to tell peeps about pagereboot.com then, especially if you've upset them  ;D
or 1000s of others, some more destructive ;D

Obviously, anyone trying to bring the site down will as a minimum be banned, may possibly be reported to the law...
OOOOOh cant tell you how guilty i am >:( unfortunately cant tell if its your end or mine though, seriously :-/

obviosly for me its not a question of hitting refresh, but getting the button to register a response(on a smartphone) is it the phone, network, site???? easier to read whats going on on a pc.

with the other issues as well its getting tiresome tbh  :(

anyway, that aside, ultimately what is the solution? or does the software dictate,end of....?
Ah, good, I've found a victim member to blame ;D. Its all your fault chrisgixer ;D

Workarounds are being looked at as and when I have time, as clearly the current issue can not continue until the new architecture later this year
Grumpy old man

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2010, 15:27:47 »

The was a brief outage at 11:15 for 20 mins this morning.  There are a few slowdowns occasionally, reasons are known, need to find an acceptable workaround

did the steam pressure get low on the OOF server today?  :D
It uses that brand new (well, in Brackley) invention call elektrikitty apparently...  (either than or I have a hidden arc furnace in the back garden according to my electric bill  >:()
You've got Mrs TB's pussy on a treadmill now? ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 April 2010, 15:30:55 »

its about time it was fixed, i was in danger of replying to some work related e-mails  :o

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 April 2010, 15:46:42 »

its about time it was fixed, i was in danger of replying to some work related e-mails  :o

Cant you do some free Sky package uprgrades for us all instead. 
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 April 2010, 16:11:42 »

Don't have access to main subscriptions  :(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 April 2010, 16:55:14 »

Get promoted then.   ;D ;D
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

feeutfo

« Reply #23 on: 02 April 2010, 22:20:07 »

Cant you do some free Sky package uprgrades for us all instead :-*.   :P

Get promoted then.   ;D ;D

or offer sexual favours, or is that the same thing? :-*       ;)
« Last Edit: 02 April 2010, 22:22:39 by chrisgixer »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.