Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoyances with your Omega  (Read 10277 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Annoyances with your Omega
« on: 05 November 2010, 19:07:56 »

After 11 years, there is still only one thing that niggles me, and it is the position of the two small horn buttons, which are never in the right place when you want to shout at idiots.

Does anyone agree? Or have you got your own pet niggles? :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Annoyances with your Omega
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2010, 19:26:22 »

Does anyone agree? Or have you got your own pet niggles? :y

Me! I can't see why they couldn't have had an airbag & a horn push in the middle of the wheel, other makers manage to do so. I think more recent Vauxhalls  have the hrn in the middle of the wheel though.

Debs.

« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2010, 19:42:44 »

Even after all these years of Omega ownership; (and being very tall; at 5ft. 14") I still manage to bang my head on the 'A' pillar-top/door-seal edge when getting in......and no amount of seat-placement adjustment will circumvent it. :'(

The surprisingly poor dip-beams on the (non-HID) headlights. :o

The above couple of points aside: I still adore my Miggy and can`t imagine that I could ever hope to replace it`s quality, size, comfort and  luxury for the kind of budget I could afford. :y

waspy

« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2010, 19:44:37 »

I like the horn butten where it is (very rarely use it).
One thing i don't like is the fact that there are occasions when i would like to use the glow plugs for better starting in the warmer weather, but that option is taken away from me :(

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2010, 19:47:44 »

Never had to use my horn in the Omega yet.  But then again I've probably only ever used the horn 2/3 since I've started driving.

Interior trim could be a bit better, but there's not really much to complain about for me.

Edit:  Actually I think the centre console should have more room, especially when like me you have telematics taking up the glove box.  And being super critical, seats could be better on long journeys.
« Last Edit: 05 November 2010, 20:28:48 by Shimmy »
Budget tyres, false economy.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2010, 20:09:07 »

As someone who has been a passenger on a long journey or two, I wish the glovebox served as a little shelf for your packup better. like the Mk III Cavalier's did  :)

Facelifts are better though, as they have more cubbys to put stuff, plus everything is flat and shelf-shaped, as opposed to pre-fl, where everything is shaped so your stuff rolls off!!!

But that's it. Can't think of anything which I can honestly say is 'stupid' or 'really annoying' or 'poor design' on Omegas. Shame they got rid of the coolest bootlid handle hitherto designed on the facelift, though  8-)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2010, 20:42:50 »

totally agree on horn button!!! as already stated the glove box is useless on pref.l. and also the steering column is not adjustable which can take some getting used to but is generally in the correct place for most people,
always find the passenger seat not as comfy as the drivers seat? other than that no complaints!!

Note for DEBS!!!!
SLIDE BUM IN FIRST!! then swing legs in! I had the same problem as you when i first bought it, now its secondnature getting in bum first :y
only problem with this system is i always make a pratt of meself getting in the 4x4!! ther i have to put a leg in first as its to tall for the bum method!! ;D   

wingman

• Intermediate Member
  • Hastings
    • Grandland GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 November 2010, 21:00:17 »

The niggle that I have is with the drivers window when it is raining. When you open it rain comes in and gets all over the window switches on my facelift

feeutfo

« Reply #8 on: 05 November 2010, 21:41:10 »

No TMC  >:(

No aux in on head unit

And yes, the horn should be central.

....er, apart from that.....

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 05 November 2010, 21:42:38 »

The niggle that I have is with the drivers window when it is raining. When you open it rain comes in and gets all over the window switches on my facelift
Anyone want to give the "Steve Jobs" reply....?  ;D  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 November 2010, 21:59:13 »

Horn buttons are in the wrong place if steering wheel at anything but straight ahead but barely ever used them.

Storage space in the front limited if you have Telematics in the glovebox.

No cupholders (except for that poor excuse for one under the armrest) - The old Vectra B had two in the centre console, one in the centre armrest and two in the glovebox lid, this makes the bigger Omega sadly lacking, all I want is a holder that can hold a can of pop securely!

Other than those minor niggles I can't fault the car, plenty of room for the family, excellent rwd chassis and handling (from a standard, mass produced car), great seats and interior comfort and, with the help of this excellent forum, I can fix it on a budget!  :y
« Last Edit: 05 November 2010, 22:00:59 by VXL_V6 »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 November 2010, 22:21:44 »

Horn- never think about it until it's too late. Now,if it could be activated by that vein just by my temple...  :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 November 2010, 22:40:55 »

Wow, people REALLY hate this horn, dont they?!  ;)

Agree about the cupholders, one pop-out would be nice. That said everyone slated the cupholders in the Verctra when it was launched, didn't they? Couldnt really see why, thought it was a good idea.

Anyone ever retro-fitted the vectra cupholders into an omega? I have a set in the garage, glad Im not the only one that thought cupholders in a 'meega was a good idea!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 November 2010, 22:47:32 »

If you have time to think about using the horn, you aren't trying hard enough ;)

My horn gets used once a year, at the MOT ;)

My annoyance is the bloody handbrake. I hate it with a passion ;D
Grumpy old man

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2010, 23:10:30 »

Even after all these years of Omega ownership; (and being very tall; at 5ft. 14") I still manage to bang my head on the 'A' pillar-top/door-seal edge when getting in......and no amount of seat-placement adjustment will circumvent it. :'(

The surprisingly poor dip-beams on the (non-HID) headlights. :o

The above couple of points aside: I still adore my Miggy and can`t imagine that I could ever hope to replace it`s quality, size, comfort and  luxury for the kind of budget I could afford. :y

I still manage to bang my head on the 'A' pillar-top/door-seal edge when getting in.

;D ;D ;D Same here and if think back to when they were in service, if one attempted to have a dignified, uncontorted exit while wearing body armour (concealed for us nancy-boys) it was all but impossible.  More so if the vehicle in question was armoured up.  ;D ;D :y

That brought back the memory of a sore bonce or two. :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.