Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Aluminium headlight adjusters  (Read 16298 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Aluminium headlight adjusters
« Reply #45 on: 03 March 2010, 00:55:15 »

Has anyone managed to get a headlight to this fella? I can send one to him a good headlight if not :y

Dont think so loones, i'll pm you the details but i think a busted one is prefered...?

I can send both but wont a good one be the one he needs to copy?
I will send both :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03 March 2010, 09:35:30 »

I can drop the broken one round but it won't be until next week. Could just take it to the post office I suppose. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #47 on: 03 March 2010, 09:48:05 »

I can drop the broken one round but it won't be until next week. Could just take it to the post office I suppose. :-/

Kevin

I can come over this weekend and deliver it Kev and or help out with TBs car or your Westy. You got enough to worry about...

also i pm'd details to Daft pink list night, unopened as yet, maybe he'll sort sumat?
« Last Edit: 03 March 2010, 12:58:31 by chrisgixer »

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03 March 2010, 19:58:15 »

Has anyone managed to get a headlight to this fella? I can send one to him a good headlight if not :y

Dont think so loones, i'll pm you the details but i think a busted one is prefered...?

I can send both but wont a good one be the one he needs to copy?
I will send both :y
That would be better yes.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03 March 2010, 20:42:26 »

I have got a pair of headlights as far as Kevin Wood, I think 1 has broken adjuster, other one is OK (I believe).  Just need to get them that last little bit, but sounds like speed is that important currently :y
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 March 2010, 21:04:49 »

I could probably take them over Sunday evening if that's any use?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 March 2010, 01:46:01 »

I'll have a set too :y  (as long as the price is not extortionate ::))
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

marribo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 March 2010, 12:29:07 »

Hi Kevin dropped the lights off to me on Sunday, I am just waiting for Gregg to get back from New Zealand and we can start designing a ali replacement. We will fix the lights that are broken and create a how to do sheet to fix them. I will then give Kevin a shout and send them over to him when they are really approx mid April.

thanks
Hayden

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #53 on: 11 March 2010, 18:53:35 »

Looking forward to seeing the finished result :y
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11 March 2010, 19:00:31 »

Was good to meet you on Sunday, Hayden.

I'm trying to think of all the other things you could machine. Don't fancy making a nice lightweight ali 3.2 V6 block, I suppose? ;)

Kevin

marribo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 12 March 2010, 22:44:03 »

Way too big for our machine ;D LOL

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 March 2010, 22:48:29 »

Blimey, your working late!

Not got a nice spare harrison or myford laith lying around have you...

Sparkesandnoise

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 03 April 2010, 03:54:42 »

Hi there, I have disassembled the headlight with the broken adjuster and I don't currently see any issues with making the part in aluminium. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing is the part you need making just the longer of the 2 adjusters, the one furthest from the indicator? On the unit I have this part is made from black PBT, part number 147 756? Is this the only component liable to break? The outer adjuster and the 'sockets' that the ball on the end of the adjuster locates are made of POM (Delrin) and as a result I assume are much less likely to snap, is this the case?

I'll program all 3 parts, both adjusters and the sockets, but making the sockets I can see as a bit of a challenge at present. But judging by the unit I have only the black, inner component is needed?

I am expecting to be able to get the inner component made next week so we should be able to get the fixed unit back to its owner (sorry, I a bit confused as to who that was, but I'll let Marribo sort that!).

feeutfo

« Reply #58 on: 03 April 2010, 11:15:03 »

Hi there, I have disassembled the headlight with the broken adjuster and I don't currently see any issues with making the part in aluminium. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing is the part you need making just the longer of the 2 adjusters, the one furthest from the indicator? On the unit I have this part is made from black PBT, part number 147 756? Is this the only component liable to break? The outer adjuster and the 'sockets' that the ball on the end of the adjuster locates are made of POM (Delrin) and as a result I assume are much less likely to snap, is this the case?

I'll program all 3 parts, both adjusters and the sockets, but making the sockets I can see as a bit of a challenge at present. But judging by the unit I have only the black, inner component is needed?

I am expecting to be able to get the inner component made next week so we should be able to get the fixed unit back to its owner (sorry, I a bit confused as to who that was, but I'll let Marribo sort that!).

in my experience the outer socket(white plastic with teeth on the inner edge) looses its teath meaning adjustment means a two handed affair, one hand to turn the allen key, the other hand down the back of the light to help turn the white plastic bit simultaniously.

But see what others say.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 03 April 2010, 15:40:56 »

in my experience the outer socket(white plastic with teeth on the inner edge) looses its teath meaning adjustment means a two handed affair, one hand to turn the allen key, the other hand down the back of the light to help turn the white plastic bit simultaniously.

But see what others say.

Only when some numpty mechanic has been at them with a cordless drill and wound the adjsuter to the end of its travel.......as happened on my MOT last year Grrr...

In answer to the questions above....it is indeed the longer of the 2 adjusters that breaks.  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.