Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Miggenium Falcon - (stage 1 complete)  (Read 8431 times)

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
Re: Miggenium Falcon - (stage 1 complete)
« Reply #45 on: 17 May 2008, 19:24:27 »

No pics to update as yet as I've just done 400 motorway miles in the rain, I'm too tired to take them today, the car is filthy and it is getting dark, but I went to Wheels-Inmotion this morning and had a full set of MV6 springs fitted to my Elite and had the self levelling adjusted to cope with the 15mm drop all round.

Does it feel better?

The car feels very good on the new MV6 springs. It's a very subtle change, but enough to know that it feels better. It seems to rise at the nose less than it did under acceleration and dip at the nose less than it did under braking. It pitches less into corners and recovers after a pothole more quickly than it did before.

On the run it is just as comfortable. If you were to try to pick fault with anything to do with comfort I'd say the car tends to trace the shape of the road more rather than float detached from it. I personally prefer that feeling. Weirdly enough the car feels smaller; more manageable if you know what I mean?

It reacts more like a new car. My friend has a Jag X-Type 3.0 and it feels more like that does now over bumps.

All of this must be borne in the context of 19" wheels with 235x35x19 tyres and a wider track than standard too due to Eibach pro-spacers.

It now looks set where I wanted it and less jacked in the air without looking 'slammed'.

Overall I'm very happy. :y
« Last Edit: 17 May 2008, 19:26:02 by Albatross »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.