Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HID Madness, thanks to "TURBOMEGA"  (Read 1867 times)

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • 2001 Cadillac Catera SPT
    • View Profile
HID Madness, thanks to "TURBOMEGA"
« on: 17 April 2009, 03:54:12 »

This is my latest project, I got some new headlights from europe thanks to 'turbomega' with the Euro Reflector and city light, the quality is much much higher then that of the US headlights.

I swapped my RX projectors with some new Cutoff Shields, It took me a good 8hrs of trying to get them to a decent level, I kept trying to bring up that hidden light from the projector but as soon as you lower the shield the center cutoff gets distorted... so I had to make a shield that had a high center point and then sloped down on both sides, but it worked well...

The ballasts are DDM 55W, and the bulbs are DL50s, lenses are E30, and custom shields based on JVX patterns. .

Enjoy!...

(pics are straight from the camera, I think ISO was set at 200)

« Last Edit: 17 April 2009, 04:03:42 by CateraMV6 »
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

V6Astra F

• Heidelberg , South Africa
  • 3.2 V6 Powered Kadett
    • View Profile
Re: HID Madness, thanks to "TURBOMEGA"
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2009, 05:09:07 »

Thats nice  ;)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2009, 08:10:45 »

That car looks beautiful in a great photographic pose! 8-) 8-) 8-) :-* :-*

Just one question, I note you have got both rear light panels alight at the same time, and I cannot see anyone in the car to press the brake pedal, and the red light from what would be the rear fog light panel does not seem bright enough to be that. :o  Have you modified the rear light set upor is that the standard Catera arrangement? :-? :-?

Or is it just my eyes?! ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D

« Last Edit: 17 April 2009, 08:13:38 by Lizzie_Zoom »

m1ct

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2009, 08:13:13 »

Nice pics, wish my beam of light was this good  :)

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2009, 14:08:26 »

Just one question, I note you have got both rear light panels alight at the same time, and I cannot see anyone in the car to press the brake pedal, and the red light from what would be the rear fog light panel does not seem bright enough to be that. :o  Have you modified the rear light set upor is that the standard Catera arrangement? :-? :-?

To answer your question, those are just the parking lamps, if you press the brakes only the outside lights come on, with the center "3rd" light, the onces on the boot lid, stay on all the time the headlights are on, and they are fairly dim, compared to the brake lights, but in the pictures they look brighter...  ::)
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2009, 16:36:32 »

To answer your question, those are just the parking lamps, if you press the brakes only the outside lights come on, with the center "3rd" light, the onces on the boot lid, stay on all the time the headlights are on, and they are fairly dim, compared to the brake lights, but in the pictures they look brighter...  ::)

Thanks Catera, I understand now. :y :y  You obviously do not have fog lamps out there, so GM can reconfigure the light arrangement versus the European Omega to, in my opinion, a better layout.

On the European model I have always wanted the boot lid, and outside ones, to come on together as side lights.  But the boot lid ones are just fog lights ::) ::) ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2009, 18:50:15 »

there seems a good work :y

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 April 2009, 19:32:57 »

Thanks Catera, I understand now. :y :y  You obviously do not have fog lamps out there, so GM can reconfigure the light arrangement versus the European Omega to, in my opinion, a better layout.

On the European model I have always wanted the boot lid, and outside ones, to come on together as side lights.  But the boot lid ones are just fog lights ::) ::) ::)

Well I guess if you want to get creative, you can get a bulb holder from the parking/brake light and then try to make it fit in the other housing, then you can wire up the 5W part to turn on with the parking lamps and the 21W with the fog light, so the fog will still function but it will also act as parking lamp, its not very hard to make, I think the OEM bulbs in the car can actually be modded too to take the dual filament type...

Also thanks for the comments, a lot of sweat and tears went into these but overall it was a decent upgrade that didn't cost much.

Ballasts were 85$
DL50s ran me 40$
Lights were thanks to Turbomega...
RX projectors were 145$, so not bad considering that I got some of the best lighting available...  8-)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2009, 19:42:20 »

Well I guess if you want to get creative, you can get a bulb holder from the parking/brake light and then try to make it fit in the other housing, then you can wire up the 5W part to turn on with the parking lamps and the 21W with the fog light, so the fog will still function but it will also act as parking lamp, its not very hard to make, I think the OEM bulbs in the car can actually be modded too to take the dual filament type...

Also thanks for the comments, a lot of sweat and tears went into these but overall it was a decent upgrade that didn't cost much.

Ballasts were 85$
DL50s ran me 40$
Lights were thanks to Turbomega...
RX projectors were 145$, so not bad considering that I got some of the best lighting available...  8-)

Thanks! :-* :-*

Deva1992

• Chester
  • Portiere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2009, 13:06:11 »

Top mod and very effective  :y
Deva1992, all round good egg and a bloody nice bloke to boot.....according to his Mum

miniator

• Intermediate Member
  • Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2009, 10:00:12 »

now thats a proper beam of light....looking well mate but is that a new boot spoiler!?  :-/
Omega Wanted: Facelift, 3.0/3.2, Elite/MV6, Charcoal Interior, W.H.Y.

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2009, 16:12:21 »

Nope the new one is not on the car quite yet... son though I will have it painted and Installed...  

Thanks for the comments the beam of light really is quite amazing, now its almost an anticipation for the night to fall so I can get out there and drive around...  ::)

miniator

• Intermediate Member
  • Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2009, 16:52:14 »

i drive round with them on alll the time.....everyone thinks im the police coming hahaha! Love those LED rear lights too!!
Omega Wanted: Facelift, 3.0/3.2, Elite/MV6, Charcoal Interior, W.H.Y.

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2009, 16:54:47 »

Catera has slightly different electrics the rear lights are our uk fog lights from memory or is it the brakes are lights and foggies are brakes one or the other!

looks nice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.