Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 3449 times)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Spiders
« on: 01 October 2007, 22:34:15 »

Why are there so many of the horrid things in my house - I hate them  >:(

I tend to watch TV in the dark and the little b@stards scuttle across the floor at night.

Killed 4 in the last 3 days - all huge, but I've trapped one in a glass tonight as it's TOO BIG to squish. :'(

I'd rather have a mouse ::)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
Re: Spiders
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2007, 22:36:07 »

I tend to watch TV in the dark and the little b@stards scuttle across the floor at night.

Killed 4 in the last 3 days - all huge, but I've trapped one in a glass tonight as it's TOO BIG to squish. :'(

I dont like anything with more legs than me   ;D ;D
Is the world ready for me..

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2007, 22:37:59 »

me too, im petrified by these things....

one came out my golf bag a year or so ago....i kid you not ive NEVER seen anything like it, like you we trapped it in a glass, even those not scared of spideys couldnt go near it...

Transpires, or the theory is, that it cam into my golf bag coming back from Stornoway on the ferry, possibly out of a lorry from Africa carrying bananas  :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2007, 22:38:19 »

You should see my garage!

When I was building the Westfied I spent a lot of time lying under it riveting things together. On one occasion a spider ran past my ear and it was so big I heard its' footsteps :o

I don't mind them myself, but SWMBO freaks ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2007, 22:40:02 »

Enjoy  :y :y :y

[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2007, 22:42:08 »

Sounds like you need a cat, TD.   ;D

Ours will get rid of mice PDQ. Spiders she has a play with. If they're small enough she eats them. Otherwise, you figure out what's going on when she starts scuttling around and roots them out, then out with the size 11's.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2007, 22:44:56 »

Spiders are rather helpful. believe it or not. They catch and dispose of flies, that as we all know pass disease, and I understand their webs can be used to help open wounds heal. If you spread a web over the wound, it provides an open matrix for the red blood cells to form on, and hence scab over. Next time your on a deserted island with no Elastoplast, remember that! :y
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2007, 22:47:45 »

Golfbuddy....idiot >:( ;)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2007, 22:49:35 »

Spiders are rather helpful. believe it or not. They catch and dispose of flies, that as we all know pass disease, and I understand their webs can be used to help open wounds heal. If you spread a web over the wound, it provides an open matrix for the red blood cells to form on, and hence scab over. Next time your on a deserted island with no Elastoplast, remember that! :y

But they make a mess on the carpet when you hit them with something hard and cause trouble when you leave them for the wife to clean up the next morning ;)

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2007, 22:49:48 »

Thats Harry the spider   ;D

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 October 2007, 22:50:25 »

Who?....Me?.... It has been said before.

He's currently a permanent fixture on my desk. I still jump occasionally when I walk into my office.  ;D ;D You can imagine what others think.  ::)

I'll take him away if you like.  :)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2007, 22:52:07 »

I have decided they are stupid though.  When you shout "don't move - while I get something to hit you with" they freeze.  I think they hate themselves too  :y

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 October 2007, 22:53:09 »

I have decided they are stupid though.  When you shout "don't move - while I get something to hit you with" they freeze.  I think they hate themselves too  :y

You talk to spiders   :-/ :-?

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 October 2007, 22:57:33 »

So its your fault its been pissing it down then :P [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

amigov6

« Reply #14 on: 01 October 2007, 23:00:30 »

:)Statistacally we all swallow on average 3 or 4 ayear in our sleep without realizing it.
   Sweet dreams!!! 8-)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2007, 23:01:24 »

So its your fault its been pissing it down then :P [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

It's lovely and dry up north. T shirt weather this afternoon.  :y

maria

• Omega Baron
  • Derbyshire
  • I'm proud to be welsh :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2007, 23:02:29 »

Spiders, i hate them, i will freak if i see them, them make me go all cold ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 October 2007, 23:03:16 »

It's lovely and dry up north. T shirt weather this afternoon.  :y

I might just kill a couple in that case, maybe it will piss down up north then ;D ;D

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 October 2007, 23:04:43 »

Try this, Spider on a table, i  say to it come here & it walks towards me. I say go away & it walks away from me. Then i pull all its legs off, & say come here & it does not move, then i say go away & it still don't move so theory is that if you pull all the spiders legs off

it goes deaf  ;D ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2007, 23:08:08 »

:)Statistacally we all swallow on average 3 or 4 ayear in our sleep without realizing it.
   Sweet dreams!!! 8-)

I think that depends on how many times you go camping ;D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 October 2007, 23:08:46 »

Try this, Spider on a table, i  say to it come here & it walks towards me. I say go away & it walks away from me. Then i pull all its legs off, & say come here & it does not move, then i say go away & it still don't move so theory is that if you pull all the spiders legs off

it goes deaf  ;D ;D

Quality ;D

I asked my daughter if she knew how I'd managed to make a spider run in circles. "Dunno" she replied. " Easy, smash half it's legs off and it goes like stink  ;D

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 October 2007, 23:31:25 »

Well if you follow the theory of karma then most of you guys are not looking good....  ;)

I don't mind spiders, they don't harm me and I don't kill them. Seems to work for me.  :)
The Administrator.

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 October 2007, 23:48:06 »

Someone told me today that the common house spider's venom is more deadly than the black widow. The problem is that it has no way of delivering it.  :o :o

Don't know if it's true or just apocryphal but...

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 October 2007, 07:37:59 »

I don't mind spiders, they don't harm me and I don't kill them. Seems to work for me.  :)
Couldn't agree more.....
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 October 2007, 08:45:03 »

Couldn't agree more.....

Same here, if I can get to it before the cat I pick it up and put it outside :y
Retired

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 October 2007, 08:49:25 »

It's said that the average person swallows about 4 spiders in their sleep in their lifetime ::)
I like red cars

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2007, 08:51:46 »

Well if you follow the theory of karma then most of you guys are not looking good....  ;)

i agree but try explaining that to a hysterical 40 year old woman who is on the verge of violence because i am 'banging on about Karma'

her solution was 'kill the effing thing i'll deal with the karma later'

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 October 2007, 09:20:37 »

The Spiders at our house are BIG sometime times il come down at night and just see one sitting on the floor as if to say GO ON I DARE YOU. Some times ill get them other times let the cat deal with it. Must say that we have had a lot less since we have had the cat. :y
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 October 2007, 09:28:01 »

He He. Went out into the garage with Emma yesterday evening. Turned round and there was a big f**k off garage spider just calmly sitting on her shoulder ;D

I figured she'd throw a wobbly if I pointed it out to her so I calmly brushed it off her shoulder with my hand and it ran off down her back. She started to notice something was up but by this time I had collected the spider and dropped him onto the floor. She asked what I was up to and I calmly explained that there had been a spider sitting on her shoulder but it's OK, I'd sorted it out and pointed to the floor where Boris was still sitting there contemplating his next move. Waaaaah!  ;D

Kevin

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #29 on: 02 October 2007, 09:30:56 »

He He. Went out into the garage with Emma yesterday evening. Turned round and there was a big f**k off garage spider just calmly sitting on her shoulder ;D

I figured she'd throw a wobbly if I pointed it out to her so I calmly brushed it off her shoulder with my hand and it ran off down her back. She started to notice something was up but by this time I had collected the spider and dropped him onto the floor. She asked what I was up to and I calmly explained that there had been a spider sitting on her shoulder but it's OK, I'd sorted it out and pointed to the floor where Boris was still sitting there contemplating his next move. Waaaaah!  ;D

Kevin
;D ;D quality.....

Im now kind of panicky about this spider talk as im in Feurteventura next week, and the cockroaches are huge  :(
« Last Edit: 02 October 2007, 09:31:32 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #30 on: 02 October 2007, 18:01:49 »

You want one of those thingy's i bought to get rid of my mouse.......you can change the ultrasonic frequency on it......it will get rid of spiders too  :y

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 October 2007, 18:56:59 »

Kevin
;D ;D quality.....

Im now kind of panicky about this spider talk as im in Feurteventura next week, and the cockroaches are huge  :(
Spiders are cool :) And just for your information Markie Feurteventura is the home of three of the largest breeds of spiders to be found in the Canary Islands. Also there all nocturnal so they'll creep about at night when your fast asleep!!! :o ;)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 October 2007, 19:02:32 »

Spiders are cool Smiley And just for your information Markie Feurteventura is the home of three of the largest breeds of spiders to be found in the Canary Islands. Also there all nocturnal so they'll creep about at night when your fast asleep!!! Shocked Wink

Choice! Talk about a way to ruin a guy's holiday. He'll be up all night reading books with one eye on the bedroom floor now. ;D

Kevin

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 October 2007, 19:13:55 »

Well I think I would be pretty surprised to see a spider on a ferry especially if it was carrying bannanas as well  ;D I do not have a problem with spiders I just get my kitten to chase them and eat them he thinks its great fun  ;)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 October 2007, 19:37:47 »

NICE WITH A TOUCH OF GARLIC [ OR EVEN ONE OF GUYS CURRIES] :y

Taxi for gary, i,ll get me coat !
« Last Edit: 02 October 2007, 19:40:24 by ffcgary1 »
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 October 2007, 19:44:02 »

Spiders are cool Smiley And just for your information Markie Feurteventura is the home of three of the largest breeds of spiders to be found in the Canary Islands. Also there all nocturnal so they'll creep about at night when your fast asleep!!! Shocked Wink

Choice! Talk about a way to ruin a guy's holiday. He'll be up all night reading books with one eye on the bedroom floor now. ;D

Kevin
Knowledge is power ::)

Scrawni

• On the computer
  • I'd rather be in a Zed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 October 2007, 21:08:50 »

Just a little one

macca

• Intermediate Member
  • bexhill-on-sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 October 2007, 21:19:59 »

Just a little one

aaaawww how cute!!

Nice avatar BTW  :o :y

amigov6

« Reply #38 on: 02 October 2007, 21:23:59 »

:)I used to drive an 8 legger 'til i did my class one! 8-)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 02 October 2007, 21:59:18 »

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/scrawni/huntsman.jpg

Just a little one

:o :o courage !! never can do that even with a small one !

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02 October 2007, 22:31:34 »

Just a little one
Not as big as the ones in Feurteventura Markie ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.