Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ecu problem [i think]  (Read 10849 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: ecu problem [i think]
« Reply #45 on: 05 August 2008, 12:27:26 »

im now going to beat myself with wet celery & rub french mustard into the wounds as ive been "a very naughty boy"

So you should ;)

Lol, no offence meant - I'm just cautious about details like that :y

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 August 2008, 11:20:20 »

forgive me but i have sinned!, obviously my self inflicted celery beating taught me nothing :-[,my car is booked in at vx motors today, luckily they are only about 1/2 mile away, obviously mark is to busy as ive had no answers to my last emails but its understandable considering moving etc, ive had to do it as my neighbour is moving monday so the car has to be sorted pronto, to be honest im dreading it as the guy i spoke to seemed to be "lights are on but nobody home", i seemed to know more than him which is frightening as ive only had the car 5 minutes!, anyhow i`ll let you know what happens but be prepared for a barage of swear words >:(

feeutfo

« Reply #47 on: 08 August 2008, 12:41:01 »

oh oh!
If you get a result buy a lottery ticket on the way home, your luck will be in. Good luck.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 August 2008, 14:28:43 »

RIGHT! the only result i got is they didnt charge me for the test!, he did tell me that the car was to old for their computerised manuals, anyhow if it helps anyone or indeed anyone knows the problems this is what i got.
17,,,,present, solenoid1-2/3-4 volts low.
48,,,,n/present
battery voltage low
15,,,,n/present, solenoid 1-2/3-4 open circuit
16,,,,n/present, solenoid 2-3 open circuit
56,,,,n/present,selector switch undefined state
39,,,,n/present, no transmission output rpm signal
92,,,,present, crc control device open or voltage high.

apart from other things pointed out[ different turbo?] as well as a pipe going from exhaust to some valve on the inlet missing [blanked off], this pipe is held [when there] with 2x 13mm bolts both ends, but to sum it all up,,,,THEY AINT GOT A CLUE WHAT THE CAUSE IS but could be the ecu, i am now going to have a cup of tea with some biccy`s before i go outside WITH MY SLEDGE HAMMER as im at my witts end :'(, please note though not a single swear word,,,,clobolks[anag] >:(

feeutfo

« Reply #49 on: 08 August 2008, 15:08:45 »

blimey, vx supplied the lottery numbers for you!
And no extra charge. :D
Sorry, not very helpfull remarks. Just seen a post about egr valves on a tractor on top page in this section. Wondering if thats your missing valve thing? Worth a look. But it sounds like somebody been rather around with it. I dont know much about diesels. Maybe the others will be along in a mo.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 August 2008, 15:40:01 »

apparently my "valve thing" is still there its just the pipe that goes from it to the exhaust, going on whats been done to this car i think the last people to work on it were stevie wonder & ray charles with david blunkett as the supervisor 8-) oh well if i dont laugh id cry, oh & how do i tie a noose?? :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 August 2008, 15:52:50 »

RIGHT! the only result i got is they didnt charge me for the test!, he did tell me that the car was to old for their computerised manuals, anyhow if it helps anyone or indeed anyone knows the problems this is what i got.
17,,,,present, solenoid1-2/3-4 volts low.
48,,,,n/present
battery voltage low
15,,,,n/present, solenoid 1-2/3-4 open circuit
16,,,,n/present, solenoid 2-3 open circuit
56,,,,n/present,selector switch undefined state
39,,,,n/present, no transmission output rpm signal
92,,,,present, crc control device open or voltage high.

apart from other things pointed out[ different turbo?] as well as a pipe going from exhaust to some valve on the inlet missing [blanked off], this pipe is held [when there] with 2x 13mm bolts both ends, but to sum it all up,,,,THEY AINT GOT A CLUE WHAT THE CAUSE IS but could be the ecu, i am now going to have a cup of tea with some biccy`s before i go outside WITH MY SLEDGE HAMMER as im at my witts end :'(, please note though not a single swear word,,,,clobolks[anag] >:(
The PRESENT means its a current fault, the ECU was registering this fault at the time of diags.

NOT PRESENT means its a stored fault, but not currently detected as a fault at time of diags.

I'd probably look for the 17 first.  Is the largest plug (with exception of the selector switch one) plugged in and secure?  From memory, its passenger side, towards the front, not too far from selector switch itself?  I'd be inclined to meter out this bit of wiring if its secure.

The missing pipe is EGR pipe, don't worry about that for the moment.
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 August 2008, 16:13:17 »

i take it you mean the round plug? im pretty sure its plugged in o,k, do you know where it goes to so i can meter it out?, is it too logical to assume that the other end is the round blue plug by the battery?, i`ll get on it tomorrow weather permitting, also is there any info on the pin settings & voltages as it does sound like there is next to zero volts getting to it, would have thought there would be an initial 12v to this or is each wire a switched 12v, i know its alot to expect people to know about this but ive got to try as vx are no help at all [as predicted], believe me im not normally a pain in the arse but this car has turned me into one & for that im sorry :'(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 August 2008, 16:21:19 »

I agree wiht TB

No - not the round one, the square one at the front. It has 4 wires going in, and this connects the ECU to the solenoids. Meter out the wires between here and the middle round multiplug (blue) in the battery tray... as one test, and then back to the Autobox ECU pins as another...

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08 August 2008, 16:40:52 »

thanks james, i know the one you mean [still got my old box to look at], now the next question,,,,,,is it the base of the blue plug they go to or the top part, i recall there are a darn site more than 4 wires to this socket/plug i just hope the wiring colours dont duplicate, but thanks for that, out of interests sake what is the round plug on the box doing?

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08 August 2008, 16:48:31 »

oh & thanks TB as that present/not present info they gave me was a bit misleading, makes you think its missing rather than supposed to be missing ;D

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09 August 2008, 16:17:12 »

this is the latest, ive checked the wires for continuity & all check out o,k, on the blue plug there is a line of contacts that appear to be connected as they all meter out with each other,2 of the 4 wires from the box end go to this line, but when i test the adjacent pins on the socket side they are independent of each other, anyhow ive checked back to the ECU & all seems o,k, another problem appeared this morning when i went to reverse it which makes me wonder about the box i put in, it stalled twice & lost drive a couple of times trying to reverse it, knocked it out of "r" then put it back in & drive returned, have tried it now its warm & it now seems o,k, but anyhow its no good worrying about that until i sort out the original problem, but im on the verge of giving up as im pissing off you lot which to be honest i cant blame you as you dont deserve it, ive pissed off my mrs ages ago with this & to top it off im bloody soaking wet, perhaps if something positive was to happen with this car it might help but everything is just biting me back, anyhow enjoy your weekend all. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09 August 2008, 16:19:53 »

I thought this box was a known good one  :-/
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09 August 2008, 16:57:26 »

i got it off "mutantcav" who assured me it was o,k & having met him i dont believe he would have sold me a duffer,he did say any problems to let him know, wouldnt be the T/C would it? mind you its my original problem that is giving me headaches, i`ll worry about the box later,might end up converting into a chicken shack or something, i really would like to locate an ECU or if somebody could lend me one to try, its all pointing that way now the wiring has been checked, at least ive got more time as ive borrowed another driveway otherwise it would be scrap bound monday. :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 09 August 2008, 19:11:12 »

i got it off "mutantcav" who assured me it was o,k & having met him i dont believe he would have sold me a duffer,he did say any problems to let him know, wouldnt be the T/C would it? mind you its my original problem that is giving me headaches, i`ll worry about the box later,might end up converting into a chicken shack or something, i really would like to locate an ECU or if somebody could lend me one to try, its all pointing that way now the wiring has been checked, at least ive got more time as ive borrowed another driveway otherwise it would be scrap bound monday. :-/
You'll need one with same ident code, off a similar age TD.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 18 queries.