Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Low life scum  (Read 3935 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Low life scum
« Reply #45 on: 17 November 2007, 09:37:19 »

Look on the bright side TD......at least you will have ONE clean window on the car... ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 17 November 2007, 09:45:13 »

There obviously will be exceptions, but poor parenting is probably the reason for the unsocialable behaviour we have now.  Coupled with the do-gooder's 'thou must not smack thou child' when they misbehave.

If my dad have told me to stand on a naughty step after I had knowingly and willingly misbehaved, I would have laughed.  The fear of a good slap from dad was enough to keep me in check, as I knew he would go through with it. And it would hurt, both physically and ego wise.

How I laughed when school said they were stopping any form of corporal punishment (the PE teachers didn't obey this though!), I could do what I like, and the worse punishment was staying behind for an hour.  Except PE, where I was well behaved.

Now I was in Tescos the other day, and some grumpy kid was pushing stuff off the shelves, and the (presumably) mother was giving it all the 'look at me, you'll go to the naughty corner'.  In my book, that is bad enough behaviour to warrant physical disipline.

I work in an area of Milton Keynes that suffers from social breakdown, the 15yr old parents have no idea, nor do the 30yr old grandparents.  The young kids just run riot, and the teenage ones are anti social and uncontrollable.  Some nutter, probably around 15 or so, cam eup to me the other day showing me his stab wounds that he was proud of.
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17 November 2007, 09:50:43 »

Sorry to here that TD :(
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #48 on: 17 November 2007, 10:09:44 »

Look on the bright side TD......at least you will have ONE clean window on the car... ::)

Funny you should say that Mr DTM  ::)

The perspex one fitted...(clean at the mo) shows how bad the rear one is  ;D

Paulus

• Wheaton Aston
  • Are you lookin' at me??? Punk???
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17 November 2007, 10:21:34 »

There obviously will be exceptions, but poor parenting is probably the reason for the unsocialable behaviour we have now.  Coupled with the do-gooder's 'thou must not smack thou child' when they misbehave.

If my dad have told me to stand on a naughty step after I had knowingly and willingly misbehaved, I would have laughed.  The fear of a good slap from dad was enough to keep me in check, as I knew he would go through with it. And it would hurt, both physically and ego wise.

How I laughed when school said they were stopping any form of corporal punishment (the PE teachers didn't obey this though!), I could do what I like, and the worse punishment was staying behind for an hour.  Except PE, where I was well behaved.

Now I was in Tescos the other day, and some grumpy kid was pushing stuff off the shelves, and the (presumably) mother was giving it all the 'look at me, you'll go to the naughty corner'. In my book, that is bad enough behaviour to warrant physical disipline.

I work in an area of Milton Keynes that suffers from social breakdown, the 15yr old parents have no idea, nor do the 30yr old grandparents.  The young kids just run riot, and the teenage ones are anti social and uncontrollable.  Some nutter, probably around 15 or so, cam eup to me the other day showing me his stab wounds that he was proud of.

As a parent of four, I fully agree. :y
Growing old disgracefully...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17 November 2007, 13:59:07 »

As a parent of four, I fully agree. :y
I'm the youngest of five, and I have no compalints with the way I was brought up (I may have thought some things were unfair at the time), and all 5 of us are 'good' considerate people, never intentionally cause any harm to others.

I was, sadly, a bit rebelious at school, as I knew I could get away with anything.
Grumpy old man

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 17 November 2007, 15:35:49 »

makes my blood boil, stuff like this >:(

touch wood nothing along the lines of vandalism has happened to my car, and vandalism will happen to any person that attempts to even look at my car the wrong way

a girl sat on my car bonnet one night to try to set the alarm off (which it doesnt have) and was instantly on the receiving end of a lot of verbal from me, and a jug of water followed by the phrase "next time it'll be petrol"

ghondie

• sheerness,kent,uk
  • Looking for work, any offers?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 17 November 2007, 16:16:49 »

what a complete pain, however we had ours done not so long ago in our old hyundai pony (fairly rare these days) so can believe that yobs would do such a thing.

had windscreen cracked badly by a bird, i think we were lucky not to have it smash right through.

as we didnt have windscreen cover at the time it was rather pricey. £314 for that to be fitted. off we went and got it done, went home. parked up that night a little bit further down teh road than we normally do. about 1230 hear a smash and our alarm going off. some bugger went and tried to nick the car. alarm luckily scared them off, didnt stop them taking a couple of bits that were at hand, ie my ipod. :(.

phoned up autoglass and they came and put some perspex in for us.
got them to quote for a new window £314!!!!!! you can understand how mega annoyed we were.

on top of that they didnt have the window in stock and we had to wait 3 weeks with perspex in the car.

regards
nathan
Man with a mission. not sure what it is but i've got one
Sheerness Lifeboat Crew and ILB Mechanic

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 17 November 2007, 17:40:51 »

a girl sat on my car bonnet one night to try to set the alarm off (which it doesnt have) and was instantly on the receiving end of a lot of verbal from me, and a jug of water followed by the phrase "next time it'll be petrol"

Was she hot? Could have been a nice payback, makeshift wet t-shirt contest with only one contestant! ;D

I have only been victim to vandalism once a good few years back now, when I was in a nightclub and left the car on the main road outside (probably detox month, I need the car to keep me from temptation). Came out to see it keyed right across both doors on the pavement side >:(. To say I was livid doesn't describe it. As much as I deplore people stealing things, at least I see why they do it. Vandalism is just so pointless and moronic.

Incidentally it's for that reason I won't leave my BMW parked in the city centre overnight. One of my mates had a mirror kicked off his car, luckily it's a Focus so almost every scrappy in the country will sell you one in the colour of your choice. If it happened to my car it would be £600 + painting cost for a replacement due to them being M-tech parts -- must be that unobtanium injected plastic or something ::)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 17 November 2007, 17:49:08 »

Sorry to hear that TD. I am working in Wiltshire for the next few months so I think I will bring the wifes Rover :(
Retired

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 17 November 2007, 18:45:26 »

Was she hot? Could have been a nice payback, makeshift wet t-shirt contest with only one contestant! ;D

I have only been victim to vandalism once a good few years back now, when I was in a nightclub and left the car on the main road outside (probably detox month, I need the car to keep me from temptation). Came out to see it keyed right across both doors on the pavement side >:(. To say I was livid doesn't describe it. As much as I deplore people stealing things, at least I see why they do it. Vandalism is just so pointless and moronic.

Incidentally it's for that reason I won't leave my BMW parked in the city centre overnight. One of my mates had a mirror kicked off his car, luckily it's a Focus so almost every scrappy in the country will sell you one in the colour of your choice. If it happened to my car it would be £600 + painting cost for a replacement due to them being M-tech parts -- must be that unobtanium injected plastic or something ::)

She was a student type person, about 16-17 ish, her boyfriend and his mates kept their mouths shut which was slightly surprising
« Last Edit: 17 November 2007, 18:46:05 by D4NNY »

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #56 on: 17 November 2007, 23:41:09 »

Sorry to hear that TD. I am working in Wiltshire for the next few months so I think I will bring the wifes Rover :(

I am actually thinking of moving.....im suppose to be living in a 'good' area....10 years ago it was....not so sure now  :-/

Ive been looking for a house and driveway/garage......and garden (for Holly.....not bothered myself)....
but its silly money in Swindon.

My ideal would be flat with secure parking....but seems impossible with Holly.....i need a garden too  :-/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.