Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: satellite antennas  (Read 690 times)

cem_devecioglu

satellite antennas
« on: 19 December 2007, 10:25:39 »

using satellite antenna with a Diseq motor for five years. Sometimes frozen in the winter..

This week, monday playing with the remote I managed to loose all the satellite positions and channels  >:(  ;D

since I dont have the equipment to catch the positions of satellites, yesterday after the job I visit  local service  in my home area..(Main

service 25 kms  away)..

I ask what time can you service, answer : neither yesterday night nor today until the end of Bayram (a special holliday when muslims cut
animals  till monday) >:( )

now I'll go that distance buy new antennas and cancel the diseq motor.Finish the problem forever with those morons

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: satellite antennas
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2007, 10:29:56 »

Can you not find the information on the internet somewhere? Just a thought. If you've found yourself in that position maybe it's happened to others too?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2007, 10:32:34 »

yep..positions can be found..but turning the antenna manually to those positions is a sensitive job and I failed many times in the past.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2007, 10:34:46 »

they use one special device for catching frequencies as the motor can position up to 15-16 satellites.

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2007, 12:47:50 »

I think you want one of these http://www.tech-faq.com/satellite-finder.shtml This should show when you are pointing at the satellite.  A compass would be handy to give you an idea of direction. If you Google for "satellite finder" there are a couple of sites with programs to help you locate the satellite's position.

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2007, 12:54:12 »

I think you want one of these http://www.tech-faq.com/satellite-finder.shtml This should show when you are pointing at the satellite.  A compass would be handy to give you an idea of direction. If you Google for "satellite finder" there are a couple of sites with programs to help you locate the satellite's position.

Ken

Exactly..Thanks Ken..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2007, 17:38:14 »

Sorted..I'm frozen but from now on no need for sat.position change.. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.