Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlight pointing to the floor  (Read 761 times)

chrispin

• View Profile
Headlight pointing to the floor
« on: 30 January 2011, 22:01:06 »

The Hid headlights are pointing to the floor the Dash says the usual break light check then goes off then after a few seconds the fld vision low beam warning appears I found the 2 sensors attached to the susspension in place and looked fine in working order ??? So seized movement motors but the fact that both the lights are pointing down which one i could not tell you because if there is a fault they both point down anyway is the anything i can do to them test them somehow ??

it passed the MOT had a little bit of work done
New Anti roll bar links a small weld patch

Background
1999 pre facelift Omega 2.5 V6 CDX 120k FSH

I brought the car last October and it had sat for most a year unused only 2000 miles since last MOT I brought it home and started cleaning it up it was a mess as had been stored under a tree  >:( 2 hours of cleaning cutting and polish was perfect stripped out the seats to fix the height adjusters cleaned polished and vaccuum the car throughout

It needed new break discs and pads for sure the old ones were shot to bits and replace break fluid
It starts perfectly and ran very smooth a little vbration on tickover but she roared

She sat till the new year pottering and doing bits and bobs mentioned above 

A full service was a must with a cam belt and waterpump change just for safety planned After the MOT

I had done new front discs and pads a new battery as the old one was shot and would not hold a charge for more than 30 mins and replaced a perished vac pipe just behind the rad new air and fuel filters

the oil and filter was going to be done with the cambelt

Pants stereo got a new one from halfords aircon does not work properly ( re gas poss ) glove box catch is broken and needs a passenger wing mirror cover Blue ( 34L ) Nocturno Blue

After the MOT i taxed and insured her and took her for a run 17 miles up a duel carriage way give her a run on the return journey all hell broke loose we started up a slight incline an instant loss of power misfire and a horrible smell of burning rubber fine not under load any heavier acceleration misfired until in the higher revs

Called a few peeps all pointed to plugs leads and DIS pack failure Vx wanted £496 parts £316 labour and £96 diagnostics to find out the other problems so having a little knowledge i got 6 new sparks and set to it yesterday left hand V no problem right hand V OMG what a b***h that was such a bad design set up but the middle plug ht lead fell apart as i took it out it had totally burnt out at the plug end just inside the top that connects it to the wire chared and chrispy right through quite shocked really so i think i have found the fault will get some new leads during the week

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.