Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOor Strap  (Read 1006 times)

a2reed

• Battersea London
    • View Profile
DOor Strap
« on: 02 May 2009, 11:03:23 »

My door strap is stil there but does nothing at all until the door is fully open ....in the past it would hold the door at various positions but the inside has disintegrateed...is this a  big job?...anyone had similar and know what parts I need?

feeutfo

Re: DOor Strap
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2009, 11:42:42 »

My door strap is stil there but does nothing at all until the door is fully open ....in the past it would hold the door at various positions but the inside has disintegrateed...is this a  big job?...anyone had similar and know what parts I need?
quite common, caused by worn plastic check strap bush on the door frame/chasis. Vx do a field repair kit last i hurd

a2reed

• Battersea London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2009, 11:56:32 »

No it looks like the bit that is bust is inside the door...when it went the window wouldn't wind all the way down at first...the strap itself is still there but inside the door the mechanism seems to be broken...is that the kit you speak of?

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2009, 12:01:50 »

No it looks like the bit that is bust is inside the door...when it went the window wouldn't wind all the way down at first...the strap itself is still there but inside the door the mechanism seems to be broken...is that the kit you speak of?
yep

a2reed

• Battersea London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2009, 12:04:03 »

OK thnaks for that ... anyone know what the part number is or what to ask for? .....and how much?...on TC presumably?
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 12:04:26 by a2reed »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2009, 14:44:57 »

Hi

I had a similar problem on mine and for a while I "made do" with just a large bolt on the end. No good in wind. Then I found out about this forum and repaired both sides using the kit you can buy. I also bought a S/H spring/stop mechanism that sits inside the door as I had thrown mine away to do the bolt bodge! That is only the size of a small camera so doubt that would have stopped the window.

I am on a poxy slow dial up otherwise I would do a search on the forum for the how to do and parts required. Try looking in the maintenance guides to start with. It tells you how to remove the door card and get at the bits. Fiddly but easy enough. The parts are about £6 for both doors from memory and the parts numbers are in the guide. Cheap enough anyway.

El Varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

a2reed

• Battersea London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2009, 15:29:07 »

where do I get the repair kit form?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2009, 15:57:21 »

From a Vauxhall dealer only. You will need the part numbers I suspect. Have you found the guide yet?

Varche  
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

a2reed

• Battersea London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2009, 17:47:22 »

found something about the repair kit but it is the spring/stop that is not working ...is that in the kit as well as the bolt and bushesn or is that a seperat buy...expensive?

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2009, 21:35:37 »

This is what your after me thinks
I made one out some scrap steel plate
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152902108/0

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2009, 06:53:47 »

Found the reason why my strap keeps on noisy despite replacing the plastic bush. The strap moves between two rolls inside the door and the other one had given up, the worn roll was moving all over the place and not keeping the pressure on the strap. Easy enough to replace, just quoted Opel for price and availability. No sign of wear on the door however, lucky me  :D (Ok, not that lucky, managed to destroy part of my door card while putting it back on after inspection of the starp mechanism, the plastic section which goes to the clips near window was split from the rear end  :-[ )
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.