Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volvo XC70 - Omega MV6  (Read 1368 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Volvo XC70 - Omega MV6
« on: 18 July 2016, 23:18:44 »

Last year took the MV6 on a pretty big trip around France. Set up to do the same this year, but had some last minute problems, and ended up buying a Volvo XC70 from my mechanic. 2006 XC70 AWD Auto Diesel with 91K

The good and bad

MV6 is way more comfortable ! However the Mrs says the exact opposite. I think a previous owner of the XC70 was big and the drivers seat had sort of bulged down. No adjustments made it it more comfortable. I ended up buying a seat cushion.

XC70 much more economical. 40+ mpg, but of course in the UK diesel is expensive

XC70 a bit dull to drive, but that's ok I'm not a boy racer.

MV6 rear and overall visibility is much better

MV6 has more general space and room to move

XC70 general ventilation and A/C better. Ventilation in my several Omegas has always been crap

MV6 Estate holds more stuff in the back, but the XC70 drives a bit better with a heavy load. Probably the AWD

Power, acceleration etc. Not much in it. Both acceptable and adequate, MV6 probably has a bit more ooomph, but XC70 is fine for me. Both cars eat motorways.

XC70, I really like the headlight adjustment for RH side driving. Brill

XC70 accelerator pedal stupidly close to brake pedal (Auto). Pressed accelerator several time by mistake. Not good. Or, have I got big feet ?

So, overall fairly happy. I still have the Omega, but it's off-road for now. I'll probably hang on to it for a while and then decide what I'm going to do. The problem seems to have been sorted. Realistically, it doesn't make sense for me to keep it, but then there's a lot about cars that is not sensible. The XC70 is a reasonable alternative to an Omega Estate, but even quite old ones are fairly expensive compared to Omegas.

« Last Edit: 18 July 2016, 23:21:41 by Mister Rog »
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Volvo XC70 - Omega MV6
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2016, 12:09:46 »

Last year took the MV6 on a pretty big trip around France. Set up to do the same this year, but had some last minute problems, and ended up buying a Volvo XC70 from my mechanic. 2006 XC70 AWD Auto Diesel with 91K

The good and bad

MV6 is way more comfortable ! However the Mrs says the exact opposite. I think a previous owner of the XC70 was big and the drivers seat had sort of bulged down. No adjustments made it it more comfortable. I ended up buying a seat cushion.

XC70 much more economical. 40+ mpg, but of course in the UK diesel is expensive

XC70 a bit dull to drive, but that's ok I'm not a boy racer.

MV6 rear and overall visibility is much better

MV6 has more general space and room to move

XC70 general ventilation and A/C better. Ventilation in my several Omegas has always been crap

MV6 Estate holds more stuff in the back, but the XC70 drives a bit better with a heavy load. Probably the AWD

Power, acceleration etc. Not much in it. Both acceptable and adequate, MV6 probably has a bit more ooomph, but XC70 is fine for me. Both cars eat motorways.

XC70, I really like the headlight adjustment for RH side driving. Brill

XC70 accelerator pedal stupidly close to brake pedal (Auto). Pressed accelerator several time by mistake. Not good. Or, have I got big feet ?

So, overall fairly happy. I still have the Omega, but it's off-road for now. I'll probably hang on to it for a while and then decide what I'm going to do. The problem seems to have been sorted. Realistically, it doesn't make sense for me to keep it, but then there's a lot about cars that is not sensible. The XC70 is a reasonable alternative to an Omega Estate, but even quite old ones are fairly expensive compared to Omegas.

Does this mean we'll soon be watching a TV clip of you smashing through the front window of your local burger joint?..... ::) ::) ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2016, 12:12:15 »

.....as for the car, I won't buy anything that runs on lorry fuel.......except a lorry. :y

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2016, 12:42:30 »

.....as for the car, I won't buy anything that runs on lorry fuel.......except a lorry. :y
Yes, but you're a dinosaur, you old fart.  ;D

I'm really surprised that the economy of a diesel hasn't got you trading your rusty old Vauxhall against a shiny new diesel, what with you being a tightwad an all.  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2016, 12:45:01 »

I'm really surprised that the economy of a diesel hasn't got you trading your rusty old Vauxhall against a shiny new diesel, what with you being a tightwad an all.  :-\

Derv drinkers are dead in the water. Too many problems with emissions. :P :P :P :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2016, 12:47:32 »

Don't you have a bile green Astra to polish. The sun is out. :D ;)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2016, 13:00:51 »

Does this mean we'll soon be watching a TV clip of you smashing through the front window of your local burger joint?..... ::) ::) ;)

Hopefully not, but it's great for a quick getaway after raiding the local sheep farm  ::)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.