Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to webby the bear  (Read 1677 times)

T.m.f

• 4wd
    • View Profile
Thanks to webby the bear
« on: 29 August 2016, 20:09:38 »

Saw webby last week and borrowed his halfords card,whilst i was in wolverhampton this weekend popped in to halfords and got a 200 piece socket set for £125 instead of £350,very pleased with what you get in it  :y
1996 300tdi manual discovery,the weekend mud toy and tin tent tower

The devil child ,aka mk2 2006 1.6 tdci focus

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to webby the bear
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2016, 15:43:18 »

Got the 170 and very happy with it. I think I sat and counted up the difference, and decided there was nothing that literally a few more quid (got an extra spanner, and two adapters separate) wouldnt cure. However, having the 200 you know you have 'everything' They just need a pair of casters on the box to move the ruddy thing!  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2016, 19:14:19 »

I really fancy a 200pc set, but no chance of me using the sodding thing anytime soon >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2016, 20:05:38 »

I have 2.  Can never have enough shiny things ;D

No idea how to use 'em though :P
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2016, 09:13:58 »

I really fancy a 200pc set, but no chance of me using the sodding thing anytime soon >:(

King Dick will build you a custom set, give them just the sizes you require (and ratchets etc) and they'll come in a metal case/foam liner to measure. All still made in Britain and fabulous (arguably the best, above Snap-on) quality. I think I priced up an 'Omega specific' set once and it came to about £100 for the sockets, bit more for a ratchet of course. Would make a very very nice xmas prezzie. Halfords for the week and the King Dick for Sunday best  8)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2016, 12:02:41 »

King Dick will build you a custom set, give them just the sizes you require (and ratchets etc) and they'll come in a metal case/foam liner to measure. All still made in Britain and fabulous (arguably the best, above Snap-on) quality. I think I priced up an 'Omega specific' set once and it came to about £100 for the sockets, bit more for a ratchet of course. Would make a very very nice xmas prezzie. Halfords for the week and the King Dick for Sunday best  8)

I fear you mis understand me - I meant no chance me using it due to health grounds ;)

That said the King dick setup looks definitely worth a look!!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2016, 12:40:53 »

Ah James, that answers my earlir post/question and glad to hear you are still around.
Keep us updated with your progress, please, and recover fully soon.

Ron.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2016, 13:02:14 »

I fear you mis understand me - I meant no chance me using it due to health grounds ;)

That said the King dick setup looks definitely worth a look!!

Oh, i understood your recent reduction in mobility issues, James  :y Literally meant at such time as you're ready to start working on things, were it me I'd love a nice shiny set of tools to look forward 'breaking in' It was a good while before I could do anything with my Halfords set, until the weather got tolerable enough to be outside. I spent two months sat making 'clickclickclickclick' noises with my ratchet on the sofa before I could actually do something, haha.  ;)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 August 2016, 19:14:48 »

Saw webby last week and borrowed his halfords card,whilst i was in wolverhampton this weekend popped in to halfords and got a 200 piece socket set for £125 instead of £350,very pleased with what you get in it  :y

no worries mate  :y

got to say.... im using my hellfauds stuff more and more. been using britool mainly. but seem to be reaching for the hellfrauds stuff much more/
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2016, 13:49:38 »

Really love my Halfords set, so far not a breakage. Wasnt long ago that I popped over to see a mate, he had the front end off his passat. He bent his Clarke torx bits. I said 'hang on, mine are in the boot' got my longer flexihead 3/8 ratchet on it, too. Popped off with a 'skrrrrk!' but off they all came, no sweat

You sometimes find yourself wondering why you've paid so much on tools, because a quality tool will just silently, without fuss just 'work' but moments like that, I very much did.   :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.