Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: My astra is killing the planet  (Read 8971 times)

STEMO

Re: My astra is killing the planet
« Reply #75 on: 17 January 2020, 11:08:19 »

Surely the same thing can be said of electric vehicles?
No, no! The energy you use for an EV comes from thin air. It's magic, you see. Ask any vegan.

In much the same way that no CO2 is expended in the extraction, transportation, refining or storage of Petrol/Diesel prior to it getting the the filling station forecourt. The fuel faeries are most efficient like that. :y
No one is denying the carbon footprint that petrol/ diesel produces, but greenies would have people think that alternative fuels have virtually no impact.
And what's a faery?  ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 17 January 2020, 12:24:54 »

There is no vehicle solution which is zero emission, all we have today is the ability to move the emissions to locations away from the tailpipe.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 17 January 2020, 12:30:13 »

Yes even cyclists increase their carbon footprint when they start puffing out all that CO2 going up hills.  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 17 January 2020, 12:42:57 »

No one is denying the carbon footprint that petrol/ diesel produces, but greenies would have people think that alternative fuels have virtually no impact.
No, but it's misleading to compare tailpipe emissions to ev emissions from the point of generation all the way to the point of use as that isn't like for like. You will often see 'anti greenies' comparing the manufacturers' CO2 figures for a diesel car (which are not even realistically achievable in the real world) to the generation emissions for an ev. Which is nonsense.

And what's a faery?  ;D

Since you asked so nicely  :y

STEMO

« Reply #79 on: 17 January 2020, 14:35:00 »

No, but it's misleading to compare tailpipe emissions to ev emissions from the point of generation all the way to the point of use as that isn't like for like. You will often see 'anti greenies' comparing the manufacturers' CO2 figures for a diesel car (which are not even realistically achievable in the real world) to the generation emissions for an ev. Which is nonsense.

And what's a faery?  ;D

I see. It's a spelling mistake then  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 17 January 2020, 15:35:03 »

And what's a faery?  ;D

I see. It's a spelling mistake then  ;D
Only in certain areas though. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 17 January 2020, 19:38:09 »

Surely the same thing can be said of electric vehicles?
No, no! The energy you use for an EV comes from thin air. It's magic, you see. Ask any vegan.

Yep, in the same way that living on beans and pulses cuts your greenhouse gas emissions. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.