Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dentist again.  (Read 1059 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Dentist again.
« on: 08 May 2021, 11:57:25 »

Two more teeth out this morning, found this brilliant new Dentist virtually on our doorstep , a really nice down to earth young chap. I really didn't feel a thing even the injections were pain free & no feeling of having done 10 rounds with Smokey Joe Frazier, payment was the best part though I went to the counter expecting to part with a few quid but apparently the £65 I paid a few weeks back covered all my treatment ! What a bargain 😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
Re: Dentist again.
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2021, 12:28:45 »

I went recently for my 6 monthly ish check up . £23 quid ish  Usually have a clean and polish included in that. Practice has now been taken over it seems  . . . Quote " we cannot do the clean and polish because of covid restrictions". . but . .  " you can have our hygeneist do it for £39 manually or £ 49 with the machine ". Paid in advance !  Thought it was a con  . . but went for the £49 one at another appointment a week later .  Pleased with the result  . . but  . . not pleased when the hygeneist  said . .  " i'll see you  again for another clean  treatment in 3 months" ! and ANOTHER £49
My teeth have never been cleaner  :o   just another con to "Extract" cash not teeth.
Be interesting to see if the clean and polish on the £23 NHS check up ever comes back
« Last Edit: 08 May 2021, 12:31:20 by Alnico Blue »
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2021, 12:34:19 »

I went recently for my 6 monthly ish check up . £23 quid ish  Usually have a clean and polish included in that. Practice has now been taken over it seems  . . . Quote " we cannot do the clean and polish because of covid restrictions". . but . .  " you can have our hygeneist do it for £39 manually or £ 49 with the machine ". Paid in advance !  Thought it was a con  . . but went for the £49 one at another appointment a week later .  Pleased with the result  . . but  . . not pleased when the hygeneist  said . .  " i'll see you  again for another clean  treatment in 3 months" ! and ANOTHER £49
My teeth have never been cleaner  :o   just another con to "Extract" cash not teeth.
Be interesting to see if the clean and polish on the £23 NHS check up ever comes back
So.....they can extract Micks teeth but can't do a clean and polish on yours? Sounds like a load of spherical objects to me.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2021, 12:35:36 »

No ale today, Mick, it thins your blood.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2021, 12:37:03 »

No ale today, Mick, it thins your blood.

Yes no alcohol for 24 hours , so that equates to twice as much tomorrow afternoon in my book 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2021, 13:00:43 »

The hygienist cleaning thing has been around for almost 10 years I would say from my dentists. I just refuse it, if they think it should be done, do it as part of the check over.

As I say to them, if you took your car to a main dealer for a service, you would expect a courtesy valet, what is the difference?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2021, 13:34:02 »

They didn't build or sell you your teeth. The 'hygienist' bit is more involved than a quick wipe with a damp rag and a Black Ice magic tree.
Onanists always think outside the box.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2021, 13:39:21 »

They didn't build or sell you your teeth. The 'hygienist' bit is more involved than a quick wipe with a damp rag and a Black Ice magic tree.

But they are taking on the contract for the routine maintenance, just the same as a dealer.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2021, 15:40:31 »

You might get the Kosovans to wash the car every week, but the hygienist is more of a £500 detail that you might do once a year.
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2021, 16:53:40 »

My practice hasn't been offering a "pick 'n polish" when they do the annual check up for about ten years now. I have a hygienist appointment twice a year. Last one cost me £55, the one before £57, for some strange reason.  ??? The ultrasonic m/c she uses is a weird sensation, especially if your teeth are a bit sensitive .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.