Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Inconvenient location for an EV to catch fire  (Read 3964 times)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
Re: Inconvenient location for an EV to catch fire
« Reply #30 on: 30 July 2023, 09:30:41 »

Never leave any rechargeable battery unattended, house being renovated near here got burnt to the ground from a drill battery left on charge overnight catching fire. Owners only just escaped as asleep!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 July 2023, 10:18:26 »

There are a few video's going around showing e-bikes and scooters bursting into flames. Makes you think that where/when is the best time or place to actually charge the damn things. I've been seriously considering buying an e-bike lately, but must admit it's put me off a bit.  :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 July 2023, 10:41:47 »

Never leave any rechargeable battery unattended, house being renovated near here got burnt to the ground from a drill battery left on charge overnight catching fire. Owners only just escaped as asleep!

Yes I put my impact wrench battery on charge in the garage the other day and forgot about it until I spotted it about a week later.  :o  :-[

Could have had a TB type incident!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 July 2023, 11:19:42 »

Yes I put my impact wrench battery on charge in the garage the other day and forgot about it until I spotted it about a week later.  :o  :-[

We have a Bosch battery vacuum cleaner. There is a cut out once the battery is charged and the current is disconnected. All devices should have this. Of course, if the cut out was faulty........ ::)
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 July 2023, 13:26:52 »

There are a few video's going around showing e-bikes and scooters bursting into flames. Makes you think that where/when is the best time or place to actually charge the damn things. I've been seriously considering buying an e-bike lately, but must admit it's put me off a bit.  :-\

I'd sooner walk .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 August 2023, 14:31:46 »

We have a Bosch battery vacuum cleaner. There is a cut out once the battery is charged and the current is disconnected. All devices should have this. Of course, if the cut out was faulty........ ::)

Any half decent charger does this, plus the better batteries have a device that when the battery vents, disconnects the electrical connection.

Of course, you don't generally associate 'decent' with eCigs and eBikes plus some of these low end rechargeable drills are far from top notch

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 August 2023, 23:29:30 »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.