Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: vauxhall mokka tyre pressure fault  (Read 5522 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: vauxhall mokka tyre pressure fault
« Reply #30 on: 02 August 2023, 19:51:51 »

I do check mine weekly & always have done since I started driving in 1971 , basic stuff really tyres oil screen wash etc.

and do you regularly have to top your tyre pressures up? My tyre pressures rarely alter ....

.... and you've been driving not that much longer than me  ::)

Only very occasionally, one of the Subaru tyres has recently started losing about 3PSI over about a week but is due for a set of new tyres shortly, I won't change my habits of a lifetime though .
My fronts used to lose about 3psi over a couple of weeks, so had the rims cleaned when i had new Nexens fitted. Solved the problem, so had the rears done when the became due. £25 a corner as i seem to remember.

Yep.....elderly rims tend to become leaky with age......much like elderly people. ::) ::) :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 August 2023, 23:36:07 »

I do check mine weekly & always have done since I started driving in 1971 , basic stuff really tyres oil screen wash etc.

and do you regularly have to top your tyre pressures up? My tyre pressures rarely alter ....

Only very occasionally, one of the Subaru tyres has recently started losing about 3PSI over about a week but is due for a set of new tyres shortly, I won't change my habits of a lifetime though .
My fronts used to lose about 3psi over a couple of weeks, so had the rims cleaned when i had new Nexens fitted. Solved the problem, so had the rears done when the became due. £25 a corner as i seem to remember.

Yep.....elderly rims tend to become leaky with age......much like elderly people. ::) ::) :)
First hand experience then Opti.  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 August 2023, 09:57:43 »

A lot of these 'driver aids' are just  to pander to drivers who are to idle to check their car once a week. I also know when it's raining ,because i see these funny wet spots all over the windscreen.  :D

My sentiments entirely, I'd sooner trust my judgement after checking items rather than relying on some  "aid" that is prone to failure, and after 52 years I'm still doing fine..👍
« Last Edit: 03 August 2023, 10:00:36 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 August 2023, 10:26:40 »

First hand experience then Opti.  ;)

I identify as 34....so no. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 August 2023, 10:53:38 »

https://youtu.be/d6AnXi2N_do

Hey, Ronny. I've found the ideal car for you and STMO. :D ;D ;D ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 August 2023, 12:00:14 »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 August 2023, 12:22:10 »

A lot of these 'driver aids' are just  to pander to drivers who are to idle to check their car once a week. I also know when it's raining ,because i see these funny wet spots all over the windscreen.  :D

My sentiments entirely, I'd sooner trust my judgement after checking items rather than relying on some  "aid" that is prone to failure, and after 52 years I'm still doing fine..👍

so what are you thoughts on ABS? Can you out brake your car's ABS ?  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03 August 2023, 13:07:37 »

Of course. Even with a burger van on the back :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 August 2023, 13:16:18 »

so what are you thoughts on ABS? Can you out brake your car's ABS ?  ::)

Now you are getting silly , end of conversation.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03 August 2023, 17:54:16 »

My elderly rims were bent, which is why they leaked, but all good after I had them straightened out and refurbished!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 August 2023, 08:50:45 »

TPM is a pain in the arse.

The system in my old Jag would always show an error message when the weather was  very hot or very cold.

the only time I've had a problem with the indirect system on my car was when I had a wheel that wasn't balanced very well (or it threw a weight  :-\) It was forever telling me to check tyre pressures when there was next to nothing between them & the system had been reset. Had the wheels/tyres rebalanced & that was it .... sorted! :y

No idea what the relationship between ABS sensors & unbalanced wheels could be  ??? ???

My car would give  a low pressure warning that could be made to go away if the car was driven for a mile or two. Presumably because the tyres became warmer.

The only warning I've had in the Range Rover recently is low coolant level, however it's not low at all apparently it's a common fault with the float becoming inoperative after a few years so a  complete new coolant container is being fitted when it has its service next week.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 August 2023, 10:45:50 »

We in general on here may not like TPMS but, the general public has turned into people who have zero idea about cars at all. Hence why TPMS is now a requirement to be fitted to all cars and why spare wheels are disappearing.

There were many serious accidents where cars with poorly inflated tyres were the cause, if you now splash it across the dash when this happens generally, (and there will always be a minority who don't) the car is stopped and checked.  :y

Sensor battery life is about 7-10 years typically (depends on use as they only wake up when the wheel moves) and the sensors are not stupid money like they used to be (and only require a generic tool to program them.....as this is also part of the requirements)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 August 2023, 10:48:18 »

We in general on here may not like TPMS but, the general public has turned into people who have zero idea about cars at all. Hence why TPMS is now a requirement to be fitted to all cars and why spare wheels are disappearing.

There were many serious accidents where cars with poorly inflated tyres were the cause, if you now splash it across the dash when this happens generally, (and there will always be a minority who don't) the car is stopped and checked.  :y

Sensor battery life is about 7-10 years typically (depends on use as they only wake up when the wheel moves) and the sensors are not stupid money like they used to be (and only require a generic tool to program them.....as this is also part of the requirements)

A very sad state of affairs, also don't drink battery acid..😂

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 August 2023, 11:19:15 »

:o
when did that come in  :-\
no one told me  :P

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 August 2023, 11:54:28 »

We get at least two breakdown calls a week where by the driver has pulled over because there is a warning on the instrument cluster for a low washer fluid level!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.