Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 5%  (Read 19518 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5%
« Reply #60 on: 24 November 2019, 16:49:24 »

Started receiving my State Pension last month all very straightforward gave me plenty of information before it was due & exactly what my payments would be & when they would be paid.
+1. I also stayed in SERPS which has made quite a difference on what my pension is. 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24 November 2019, 16:52:57 »

Started receiving my State Pension last month all very straightforward gave me plenty of information before it was due & exactly what my payments would be & when they would be paid.
Yes, but for those of us not being given the unsustainable civil service pension, we need to be able to work out our state pension so we can adjust our DC pensions appropriately :(
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24 November 2019, 17:15:22 »

Yes, but for those of us not being given the unsustainable civil service pension, we need to be able to work out our state pension so we can adjust our DC pensions appropriately :(

Don't know your age, but it is very simple to get a pension forecast on line it will inform  you of everything relating to it NI payments etc.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 24 November 2019, 17:16:40 »

Can't see much point in a pension, or being a pensioner. It's the thin end of the wedge.

The highlight of the day for most pensioners is to trudge around the garden centre finishing off with a nice cuppa in the cafe.

Other days are not so exciting as they sit in a state of depression watching Cash in the attic or Homes under the hammer.......from 2012.  :-\

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 24 November 2019, 17:19:55 »

+1. I also stayed in SERPS which has made quite a difference on what my pension is. 8)

I was contracted out + I receive a civil service pension so my State Pension is reduced by approximately £42.00 per month .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24 November 2019, 17:20:50 »

Can't see much point in a pension, or being a pensioner. It's the thin end of the wedge.

The highlight of the day for most pensioners is to trudge around the garden centre finishing off with a nice cuppa in the cafe.

Other days are not so exciting as they sit in a state of depression watching Cash in the attic or Homes under the hammer.......from 2012.  :-\

Not my idea of retirement 😎

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 24 November 2019, 17:26:17 »

Ive been doing all of that for the last 5 years.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24 November 2019, 17:28:20 »

Don't know your age, but it is very simple to get a pension forecast on line it will inform  you of everything relating to it NI payments etc.
I actually rang them because my forecast gave an estimate of right now, but didn't tell me how many years I had NI contributions for (but I know, as its every year since I left school), but more importantly how many years I was contracted out (which reduces my state pension).

In my case, because I potentially have more working years paying NI without being contracted out, I might be able to claw back some of the years when I was contracted out. Hence I rang them.  But the dickweed who answered was a civil servant, and unsurprisingly useless.

So I'm none the wiser really.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 24 November 2019, 17:30:27 »

I actually rang them because my forecast gave an estimate of right now, but didn't tell me how many years I had NI contributions for (but I know, as its every year since I left school), but more importantly how many years I was contracted out (which reduces my state pension).

In my case, because I potentially have more working years paying NI without being contracted out, I might be able to claw back some of the years when I was contracted out. Hence I rang them.  But the dickweed who answered was a civil servant, and unsurprisingly useless.

So I'm none the wiser really.

Do it on line it's there in black & white simple..

STEMO

« Reply #69 on: 24 November 2019, 17:36:51 »

You know they're from 2012 because.......?

You watch them  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #70 on: 24 November 2019, 17:39:32 »

I've never had any problems at all dealing with the DWP.

Or eBay.  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24 November 2019, 17:48:51 »

I've never had any problems at all dealing with the DWP.

Or eBay.  ;D

Me neither 😃😄😆

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24 November 2019, 17:49:20 »

You know they're from 2012 because.......?

You watch them  ;D

I'm too busy raising the standard on here to watch that shite........ ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 24 November 2019, 18:20:35 »

I see that Labpurs manifesto has a pledge to recompense the WASPI’s . They are the women who were quickly changed from a state pension age of 60 to 66 or 67 . Born in the 50’s.

300,000 so cost anout £15,000 each ( 58 billion?)

In my view theyhave a valid claim.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24 November 2019, 18:29:46 »

I see that Labpurs manifesto has a pledge to recompense the WASPI’s . They are the women who were quickly changed from a state pension age of 60 to 66 or 67 . Born in the 50’s.

300,000 so cost anout £15,000 each ( 58 billion?)

In my view theyhave a valid claim.

Yes and it's OK as McDonnell will find that sort of cash down the back of the sofa!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.