Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Virus  (Read 4678 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Virus
« Reply #15 on: 15 June 2021, 14:22:42 »

Well I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt this time, but if there's a pretext to extend again in July I'm done! ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 June 2021, 14:53:51 »

All of the things I can't do I don't do anyway  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 June 2021, 14:59:21 »

Makes little difference to me tbh. Go to work, come home, mess about with one of the cars on the drive, go to the pub once a week.
Doesnt affect any of that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 June 2021, 16:02:16 »

Makes little difference to me tbh. Go to work, come home, mess about with one of the cars on the drive, go to the pub once a week.
Doesnt affect any of that.

Nor me, don't go to work get up feed the dog ,then breakfast shower walk the dog ( not until its cooler at present) home time for coffee gardening or tinker with the cars ,then lunch couple of beers or ciders ( no pub nearby) Scrabble or read . Dinner bit of television bed & repeat..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 June 2021, 16:03:27 »

No big impact here either.............still think it was the right decision

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 June 2021, 16:11:53 »

Slight change to routine this week, brought the tin tent out of storage this morning all cleaned & off to North Devon for a couple of weeks.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 June 2021, 18:42:49 »

and it will keep on getting extended until people take notice of the law. hardly anyone around here now seems to wear masks when in small shops or petrol stations and youget looked at when you go in wearing one.buses are only slightly better but still no one questioned if not wearing one.
we all hate wearing them but its for everyones good .dont understand some people.
at first we werent sure about this virus and thoght it would just be tommorows chipwrapper but its stayed and some think it may be here permanent so we all have to do our bit.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 June 2021, 00:30:17 »

One of several gripes with masks is that they went from having to be a certain standard to any old t shirt.

Having had both jabs, I would prefer not to have to wear a mask. Ever again. The only times that I do, and then grudgingly, being going through security at work and going into a shop.

Going back to normality doesn't mean pretending that TCV doesn't exist, but rather living with it in a rational, reasonable way. Hiding behind masks or not being allowed out is neither rational nor reasonable. The statistics didn't bear it out a year ago and they certainly don't now.

Most of the people I see in shops not wearing masks are either from a certain demographic or in their slippers/dressing gowns... You know the type, thems that park across three spaces and smoke in Tescos.

Most people are reasonably responsible for what they do, but those that couldn't care less didn't care before and certainly don't care now, so why should the rest of us have to suffer for them?

And it puzzles me as to why its ok to travel for several hours to sleep in a field but not to fly somewhere and sleep on a beach?  ???
« Last Edit: 16 June 2021, 00:33:31 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 June 2021, 00:42:08 »

And it puzzles me as to why its ok to travel for several hours to sleep in a field but not to fly somewhere and sleep on a beach?  ???

That's obvious innit? ???

Forin lurgies are always worse!   :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 June 2021, 01:02:32 »

That's obvious innit? ???

Forin lurgies are always worse!   :)
Don’t drink the water...  :P
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2021, 08:12:34 »

Round here people are very good re masks, shops garages all displaying masks must be worn signs, distancing is being adhered to, the buses all appear to be virtually empty still how long they can operate like that remains to be seen.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 June 2021, 10:18:10 »

The rule here in Spain is that you wear a mask the minute you leave your house. It has been 34C this week. People generally follow the rules. You can take them off at a restaurant etc when your food or drink arrives. I believe that beaches don’t require a mask to be worn.

We are pretty fortunate that where we live we rarely see anyone and thus don’t wear our masks around the home.

I still have a suspicion that we will all have to wear an air handling space man hood at some stage in the future. Maybe when the Chinese formally launch Covid 2.0
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 June 2021, 11:17:03 »

The rule here in Spain is that you wear a mask the minute you leave your house. It has been 34C this week. People generally follow the rules. You can take them off at a restaurant etc when your food or drink arrives. I believe that beaches don’t require a mask to be worn.

We are pretty fortunate that where we live we rarely see anyone and thus don’t wear our masks around the home.

I still have a suspicion that we will all have to wear an air handling space man hood at some stage in the future. Maybe when the Chinese formally launch Covid 2.0

Strange you mention the Chinese, in 2014 we took our two eldest Grandsons to London to see the sights as they had never been there, hordes of Chinese tourists in the capital and the majority of them were masked up then, I know people will say because of traffic fumes etc, but it does make you think, as someone said recently on here I believe the Chinese have won the third world war with no bombs or ammunition.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 June 2021, 12:12:12 »

Strange you mention the Chinese, in 2014 we took our two eldest Grandsons to London to see the sights as they had never been there, hordes of Chinese tourists in the capital and the majority of them were masked up then, I know people will say because of traffic fumes etc, but it does make you think, as someone said recently on here I believe the Chinese have won the third world war with no bombs or ammunition.
Many Chinese people got used to wearing masks way back in 2002 to 2004 when the first SARS virus hit the world ,
 fortunately the first SARS virus was handled well ,people where made to wear masks and travel was halted in effected areas ,it was well publicised  (not covered up in the hope it would go away) and fortunately only less than a thousand died .

when Covid 19 broke out it was a different story
the Chinese government did ban travel in parts of China  ,but people where still allowed to travel anywhere else in the world from China for quite some time  >:(

EVERY NEW INFECTION IS A POSSIBLE NEW VARIANT MUTATION

Not all new cases are tested or reported ,the UK have had 7000+ REPORTED new cases per day for a week  :(
I fully support the 4 week extension to lockdown measures in the hope more UK citizens get vaccinated .
I also hope and pray that we don't get another variant that the current vaccines have no effect on ,
though i expect that is inevitable  :(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 June 2021, 12:20:31 »

Many Chinese people got used to wearing masks way back in 2002 to 2004 when the first SARS virus hit the world ,
 fortunately the first SARS virus was handled well ,people where made to wear masks and travel was halted in effected areas ,it was well publicised  (not covered up in the hope it would go away) and fortunately only less than a thousand died .

when Covid 19 broke out it was a different story
the Chinese government did ban travel in parts of China  ,but people where still allowed to travel anywhere else in the world from China for quite some time  >:(

EVERY NEW INFECTION IS A POSSIBLE NEW VARIANT MUTATION

Not all new cases are tested or reported ,the UK have had 7000+ REPORTED new cases per day for a week  :(
I fully support the 4 week extension to lockdown measures in the hope more UK citizens get vaccinated .
I also hope and pray that we don't get another variant that the current vaccines have no effect on ,
though i expect that is inevitable  :(

Entirely agree with you , but as you say it will keep mutating & will outwit even the best medical brains ,the article I read likened it to a Sarcoma type of infection which can hide & lay dormant until it feels powerful enough to wreak havoc within the human it has infected .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.