Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra MPG  (Read 484 times)

STMO123

Astra MPG
« on: 12 January 2008, 14:45:29 »

Did my first calculation this morning after a weeks driving. 36mpg around town. Should be mid or high 40's motorway I reckon. :y

For a 1.6, it's a nippy little beggar once you get used to it.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2008, 14:45:50 by STMO123 »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Astra MPG
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2008, 15:04:58 »

Did my first calculation this morning after a weeks driving. 36mpg around town. Should be mid or high 40's motorway I reckon. :y

Mrs Andy B has an Astra G 1.6 16v auto. She uses to go to work & back, which is only about 4 miles away, & the weekly Tesco trip. She gets about 27/28 mpg!!! :o

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2008, 16:03:48 »

Mrs Andy B has an Astra G 1.6 16v auto. She uses to go to work & back, which is only about 4 miles away, & the weekly Tesco trip. She gets about 27/28 mpg!!! :o

Auto box is less economical and engine never gets hot. Must be permanently running rich.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2008, 16:04:23 by STMO123 »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2008, 18:10:15 »

Auto box is less economical and engine never gets hot. Must be permanently running rich.

Agree completely, plus the fact she only ever has 2 throttle positions .... ALL the way DOWN or ALL the way UP! There's rarely 'owt in between. :(
It's not that brilliant on a run though - for a 1600. We went to the Scottish Highlands the other summer and I measured the consumption from tank to tank on the way there. The best we saw was 37/38 mpg, which although isn't too bad I expected to see more.

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2008, 18:14:43 »

Agree completely, plus the fact she only ever has 2 throttle positions .... ALL the way DOWN or ALL the way UP! There's rarely 'owt in between. :(
It's not that brilliant on a run though - for a 1600. We went to the Scottish Highlands the other summer and I measured the consumption from tank to tank on the way there. The best we saw was 37/38 mpg, which although isn't too bad I expected to see more.

Although the astra 'H' twinport has been developed to be very economical, I dont think there should be THAT much difference.

It may be that I'm getting more around town because of what we said previously, and that I'm going to be disappointed on a run :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.