Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG installation WIP  (Read 20530 times)

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
Re: LPG installation WIP
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2007, 10:06:50 »

I wish you well with this project and will be following this with interest.

A couple of questions if I may:

1.  Where did you get the kit?
2.  How much?

With the price of petrol now, I am seriously thinking of having a go at such a project myself.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2007, 10:13:16 »

I think I'm right in saying it's one of these, although Jay W will no doubt confirm.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330170356040&sspage name=ADME:X:RTQ:UK:11

There's at least myself and James considering doing the same, and possibly a few more so I wonder if there's a possibility of getting a discount on a couple of kits, or at least tackling the installs together.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2007, 10:34:49 »

You can count me in :y
Retired

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2007, 13:59:37 »

I wish you well with this project and will be following this with interest.

A couple of questions if I may:

1.  Where did you get the kit?
2.  How much?

With the price of petrol now, I am seriously thinking of having a go at such a project myself.

the like that JamesV6 has posted iss the kit i have bought, remember that is only the front end though, you will need a back end kit on top of that

i spoke to the guy direct rather than going through ebay, for everything (front end kit, 70l cylinder tank, fitting kits and software) it was £700

Factor in another £100 at the most for certification and possibly 10 hours of my own time and i have made a saving over the fully installed price, granted i don't get a warranty on fitting, but i know the quality of the work that has gone ito the conversion.

I have been chatting to the guy, i have no doubt that if an order was placed by a few people for the same kit he would do something to 'sweeten the deal' if only the P&P (£35)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2007, 14:09:07 »

I have the contact details for the chap (asked for them from his EBAY ad) as I wanted to ask him a few questions so I will give it a day or two to see if there's any more interest and then give him a call and see what's what.

He's only 40 mins drive from me, so I could collect all the bits and distribute them via the "OOF network" which might save some carriage.

What are you doing about certification, Jay w?

That's the only thing that concerns me a little. I want to end up with something that's insurable at the end of it all!

Cheers,

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2007, 14:14:37 »

Looks like you have installed the LPG parts very well indeed infact better than my so called pro install, Which Ill be ripping out and replacing with an injection system instead of my mixer system very soon.

Top Job so far Jay  :y :y

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2007, 14:14:53 »

I have the contact details for the chap (asked for them from his EBAY ad) as I wanted to ask him a few questions so I will give it a day or two to see if there's any more interest and then give him a call and see what's what.

He's only 40 mins drive from me, so I could collect all the bits and distribute them via the "OOF network" which might save some carriage.

That's the only thing that concerns me a little. I want to end up with something that's insurable at the end of it all!

Cheers,

Kevin

I have the same concern Kev

the only option, is to keep shhhh to the ins companies, until it's certified, then say "it's Been converted" (DO NOT SAY DIY!!) .. and give them the cert

NO insurance company will touch you after a DIY install..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2007, 14:19:34 »

This is what I thought. Hence the need, IMO, for it to be certified by someone who's happy not just to sign the certificate but, if necessary, to allow the impression to be given that he professionally installed it.

Kevin

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 October 2007, 14:23:45 »

This is what I thought. Hence the need, IMO, for it to be certified by someone who's happy not just to sign the certificate but, if necessary, to allow the impression to be given that he professionally installed it.

Kevin

Yes, this is exactly what we need!!! What are the chances though?

Martin, is bernard open to bribes of such sort? ;D

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 October 2007, 14:26:43 »

Thats rubbish an insurance company will not touch you if its a DIY as long as you have a certificate it will be fine.
My insurance never asked to see the cetificate or asked if it was installed by a company they just asked do you have a certifcate for the LPG. and that was it

Craig
« Last Edit: 16 October 2007, 14:27:52 by CraigR »
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 October 2007, 14:29:04 »

Thats rubbish an insurance company will not touch you if its a DIY as long as you have a certificate it will be fine.
My insurance never asked to see the cetificate or asked if it was installed by a company they just asked do you have a certifcate for the LPG. and that was it

Craig

Neither did mine... but try telling them you're doing a DIY install, and see their reactions ;)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 October 2007, 14:29:08 »

The people that certified my install on the Range Rover were based just outside Cardiff.
Retired

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 October 2007, 14:34:35 »

Craig

Neither did mine... but try telling them you're doing a DIY install, and see their reactions ;)

It should not matter if a blind monkey put the LPG system in as long as you have a Certified LPG garage to check it after and give you a certificate but fair point to make your life easier i would keep quiet also.

Craig
« Last Edit: 16 October 2007, 14:34:51 by CraigR »
Mod's

Martin_1962

« Reply #28 on: 16 October 2007, 15:12:19 »

Cheers,

Kevin

I have the same concern Kev

the only option, is to keep shhhh to the ins companies, until it's certified, then say "it's Been converted" (DO NOT SAY DIY!!) .. and give them the cert

I just faxed them the certificate!

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 16 October 2007, 15:13:11 »

Kevin

Yes, this is exactly what we need!!! What are the chances though?

Martin, is bernard open to bribes of such sort? ;D

No bribes required he certifies quite a few DIY jobs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.