Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate control-do I have a problem  (Read 862 times)

mantahatch

Climate control-do I have a problem
« on: 08 July 2008, 14:26:05 »

Hi all
When I switch off the engine I am getting the two lines on each of the climate panel displays, I thought this indicated a fault, but, all the climate functions seem to work fine, it gets hot when I ask it to it gets very cold when i ask it to. It comes out of any vent I care to choose, all the buttons seem to do what they say.
So should I be looking for anything or not.

Thanks

Mike
« Last Edit: 08 July 2008, 14:26:52 by mantahatch »

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
Re: Climate control-do I have a problem
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2008, 14:55:59 »

Mine does the same - AFAIK its not a problem, would guess it something to do with not being able to read a temperature for comparison to the CC?

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2008, 15:15:21 »

Mine does the same,but only since I replaced a couple of the bulbs that had gone.i didn,t unplug anything nor did I disconnect the battery so I am as puzzled as you ???It states in the manual "that a fault has been registered and needs to go to Vauxhall to be diagnosed...I don,t think so.no more open wallet surgery..So will continue as normal,but might try removing earth lead from battery for hour or so and then replacing.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2008, 15:17:33 »

Lines accross the display sounds like it needs resetting.

Hold Off and AUTO in together for upto 10 seconds.  I believe that resets it.  :y
« Last Edit: 08 July 2008, 15:18:09 by skruntie »
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

mantahatch

« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2008, 22:43:00 »

Hi all
Thanks for that, I have done the reset procedure, but does it matter how long you do it for ? I never really timed my self just waited until all the noises of motors/flaps stopped.

Regards

Mike

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2008, 22:48:36 »

Mike.If it helps I tried the servo reset tonight..hold both auto/off for about 10 seconds then servos should reset.It made no difference to mine either as when switched off ignition - -still appeared on both dials for about 5 seconds then cleared.Will try disconnecting earth from battery in morning for an hour and see if that sorts it out.Becoming paranoid as no problems with climate control..all working hot/cold and auto so as it is a very small concern if battery doesn,t sort will live with it.

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2008, 23:28:48 »

all i can say is, myn did the same for about 3 or 4 days then symbol disappeared. Week later, so did the cold air,ac pump stopped turning, uv inspection showed a hole in the condensor. No gas.

Didnt we do this a couple of days ago?
How long have you had the symbol showing?

MV6Man

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2008, 07:10:10 »

mantahatch

« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2008, 08:07:01 »

Hi all
The symbol has been showing for about 2 months, I have lived with it so far, but it is annoying when you switch off to no there is a possible fault, I have not had the climate panel out at all ever, and I no the history of this car virtually since new (father owned before me) and the bulbs in there must be on borrowed time.
I think I may also do the battery disconnection and see if that helps.
Should I leave the battery disconnected for say 30 minutes or is ok just for a few seconds.

Thanks

Mike

bruce

• HEMEL HEMPSTEAD HERTFORDSHIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2008, 08:24:33 »

Mine has these "--"after changing the bulbs in the panel, I'v disconnected the battery more than once for different jobs I'v done on the car since it started but it still shows after connecting the battery back up

Bruce

feeutfo

« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2008, 08:42:37 »

Here´s another topic for it:
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1215349164

Looks like a tech2 session to read and clear the code ,may pop up again until fault rectified tho.
(I dont suppose we could persuade The Boy to nip down to the Reading meet on sat. meat you  s.hampton  guys half way) paper clip/peddle test only reads engine ecu so thats nfg
 And i could do with myn read again, suspect missfire at tick over, and maybe some of your cars will take an update or two. Just a thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.