Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carista OBD adaptor  (Read 1043 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Carista OBD adaptor
« on: 01 March 2020, 11:56:38 »

Anybody use one of these on their car? I bet Tunnie has one!

Handy for resetting service intervals or disabling stop start.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Carista OBD adaptor
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2020, 22:09:06 »

I use OBDEleven Pro on the Audi. Have switched on quite a few things that the manufacturer chose to not activate.  Stop/start can be switched off or inverted so that it defaults to off instead of on, service intervals reset, oil service reset and rear brake wind out and tons more. It uses the same long coding as Vag-Com but instead of a laptop you can operate it on a phone/tablet using the OBD port dongle.
I should add that it only fully functions on Android, although they are working on an iPhone version. It's aimed at VW Audi group vehicles only at the moment.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 22:13:30 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2020, 17:29:08 »

I use OBDEleven Pro on the Audi. Have switched on quite a few things that the manufacturer chose to not activate.  Stop/start can be switched off or inverted so that it defaults to off instead of on, service intervals reset, oil service reset and rear brake wind out and tons more. It uses the same long coding as Vag-Com but instead of a laptop you can operate it on a phone/tablet using the OBD port dongle.
I should add that it only fully functions on Android, although they are working on an iPhone version. It's aimed at VW Audi group vehicles only at the moment.
I know Audi, for the past 6 or 7 years if it sees a dealer, will normally reset everything back to what they have on record.  I suspect other manufacturers are likely to follow suit now, if they haven't already.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2020, 18:15:55 »

I know Audi, for the past 6 or 7 years if it sees a dealer, will normally reset everything back to what they have on record.  I suspect other manufacturers are likely to follow suit now, if they haven't already.

That's correct, hence why they ask if your vehicle has been remapped, so that they don't un-remap it.  :D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2020, 20:43:06 »

Got one in the vRS and it works a treat. Although mine is on the crossover between facelift and not (2009) so a lot of the features just aren't fitted in my car.
Eml codes etc work perfectly.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.