Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proposed plans too allow drink driving  (Read 616 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

albitz

Re: Proposed plans too allow drink driving
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2013, 15:14:21 »

Could only happen in County Kerry. ;D ;D............when I was on holiday in a small town there many years ago I asked the local policeman why the three pubs were open well into the wee small hours.His answer was "because I own two of them and my brother owns the third". ::) ;D ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2013, 15:15:51 »

A licence for p*ssheads  :o ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2013, 15:20:29 »

Stop reading the Daily Fail, it's bad for your mental health.

No it really is ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2013, 15:26:17 »

I am still shocked by the drink driving that goes on in the rural area I live in. Admittedly they drive slowly on their way home and know the roads and I am yet to see a drunk Spaniard other than youngsters at open air bottle parties..

The worse thing is after hard days graft in the olive groves, I have seen folk park their tractor and trailer load of olives have a drink or two (with tapas of course) and then drive 15 miles to the co op to drop the load. Not an isolated incident either.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2013, 18:57:03 »

Another slow news day. The councillors voting for it all own pubs?

Gee, I'd never have guessed the result.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2013, 20:21:08 »

I wasn't sure if that would reach you all over there ...... :-[
Ah , the Healey Rae's . A family from Kilgarven which is the next village along the road from me . I can safely say they are the last group of people that you would consider to be voted in to local and national politics.  Headed up by 'ol Jackie who is utterly incomprehensible even to a local ear....now retired as our local TD ( MP ) but his last claim to fame was as an independant TD he and three others held the last sitting government by the balls threatening to vote against them and oust them from power. He succedded in getting 17 million euros to spend exclusivly on Co. Kerry roads for voting with the Gombeens of the day. The fact that his family own a construction company that are , wait for it , road builders and have topped the Co. Kerry payment to contractors list for years and years was entirely coincidental , to be sure .......
He has now been replaced by son no. 1 Michael . A strange and somewhat spooky character who has a set of teeth like a row of condemned buildings and who is NEVER seen without his ( one and only ) flat cap , even in the parliament buildings .
There are another two generations comming along behind all with a steadfast belief that they are the only ones capable of doing the job.
Kilgarven is surrounded by beautiful mountains but could not be described as pretty . It has more than a passing resemblance to a wildwest town with the Healey Raes owning several buisness in it and their pub is centre stage and looks like it should have posts to tie the horses up outside . Since the death of the Celtic Tiger and the smoking in public places ban it has looked decidedly empty when you pass by at night so this incredulous concept of distributing "drink driver at the wheel"  licenses is, in their eyes , and entirely sound and innovitive idea. Now what you must not forget is that these are the people that represent South Kerry at the highest political level.
Kerry people have the unfortunate reputation of being considered the dumbest in Ireland by the rest of the country even to a point where a vehicle with a KY (for Kerry)  registration is shunned in areas near to and in Dublin.
This is manna from heaven for those that feed that belief.

Rednecks .......................but democratically elected . ::)

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2013, 21:49:56 »

Nothing wrong with a bit of corruption Dan,as long as its done with a degree of charm and style. :y ;D
Global uniformity of behaviour has reached many parts of the world,but I doubt it will ever make an impression in Kerry - thankfully. :y

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2013, 13:23:22 »

Can't see the harm myself. If we run trials and allow woment to drink drive first, it could actually improve their driving, so it's not a bad thing.  :y
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.