Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gearbox dead can anyone help?  (Read 4355 times)

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
Re: Gearbox dead can anyone help?
« Reply #45 on: 22 November 2007, 22:27:43 »

TheBoy - Was you autobox burning oil? What happened to it? Can you please tell us more?
Once again - two weeks to burn 5 liters of oil while it was driving on the same oil for 78k and nothing happened? It should burn it to grease.
The oil level didn't increased. I just add too much of it last time.

I can buy a set of Transtec gaskets and Raybestos clutches. That’s for ca £130. What do you think about these parts? It’s on Polish e-bay.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2007, 09:33:23 by mkaminski100 »

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23 November 2007, 17:51:17 »

I switched to "1" and was driving for a while to find out if there is any slip. Revs were relevant to speed.
I also counted (driving on "3") how many times revs will drop. It was 3 times.  Don't know if that's ok (1->2, 2->3 and what about third time?).

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26 November 2007, 22:50:04 »

I am more convinced that TheBoy was right....unfortunately. Well, I recorded a small video of revs drops when accelerating. Theres up to 4 when driving on "3" so or it's a gearbox slipping or I am really wrong. I dont know if there's any conjunction but after installing the heat shield on my manifold (it was out since i was doing my manifold) I found that the engine temperature was rising too much and even thought it was ca 90 degrees I found the engine very hot.
Suddenly I got more problems with revs. It felt when it;s slipping. The gearbox itself was wary hot and when I checked the oil there was more oil coming out! Like TheBoy said.
I made two videos. Can you please have a look at and tell me if I'm right and my gearbox is really slipping.
Please advise me what to do? Sassanach is away and he wasn't online for almost two weeks. Everyone's going on holiday, and most of the garages wants ca 1000 pound for that...
http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=6062146892747108189
http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=7109458115230329748

I found this gearbox: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-omega-automatic-gearbox_W0QQitemZ150187899349QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Buxton? Is there anyone from Buxton?
or this (150 miles away from me as everything cheap) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-5-Automatic-Gearbox_W0QQitemZ150175974968QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
« Last Edit: 27 November 2007, 07:46:11 by mkaminski100 »

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 November 2007, 15:55:01 »

I found the gearbox, but was told that this is from 2.5 (dont know if diesel or petrol) and they not sure is it will fit to my engine. Seller told me that it might not fit and I will have to do it on my risk.
So, can you please tell me if I can take the automatic gearbox from any 2.5 any fit it to my 2.0 16V (99)? I cant find any other autobox for that price and with 3 months warranty.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27 November 2007, 16:05:33 »

Its an AR25 on a 2.5 and a 2.0 so should be fine.....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27 November 2007, 16:11:55 »

I am more convinced that TheBoy was right....unfortunately. Well, I recorded a small video of revs drops when accelerating. Theres up to 4 when driving on "3" so or it's a gearbox slipping or I am really wrong.

You will get an extra rev drop in 3rd when the torque converter locks up. It can feel like an extra gear but you'll notice that before this "change" theres some "slip" in the transmission (TC gives a variable ratio) and afterwards it's fixed, like a manual.

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27 November 2007, 16:28:32 »

Mark - I was told that the bell housing might be diffrent, and Tc is different. They dont have any 2.0 autobox.
Kevin, I was driving on position "3" and I felt revs drop 4 times. Can you have a look on my video and tell me if thats how it should be.
Thanks guys.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.