Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: fed up.  (Read 1941 times)

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
fed up.
« on: 22 January 2010, 17:26:41 »

A week last thursday the emissions light came on and the car started to run rough, as it was due for service I took it in on Mondayfor service and to sort out the problem.
Monday evening and the car will still not run smoothly having changed various sensors and the mechanics tearing thier hair out, tuesday and different set of sensors just to make sure, no result. Wednesday the car goes to main dealer for checks, they suspect the cat, Thursday back with my garage order new cat, friday part arrives and is fitted, just heard back no joy.
The car is now booked into another VX dealer in Stamford on tuesday to see if they can sort out the fault, I have no complaint with my garage as they have said any part that does not work they will take off again, and he is trying to keep the cost down and is being reasonable.
I feel that my legs have been chopped off as we live in the country, it is causing us a bit of grief at present, I expect the bill to be horrible when it is all sorted.

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
Re: fed up.
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2010, 17:29:59 »

Have you checked for any fault codes mate. ::)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2010, 17:36:48 »

The garage checked the fault codes these have been cleared but it still will not play the game, the last ones were to do with the throttle i believe, I would have thought the main dealer on there equipment would have been able to sort it.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2010, 17:39:37 »

They might have the kit .... but do they have anyone who knows how to use it ... properly ... :(

Most places now just expect to plug in, get a code, change a part, write a bill.....

No actual skill or knowledge displayed ... so when an older vehicle turns up, or the problem does not raise a code ....

no answer is the common response .. :(

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2010, 17:41:06 »

So why would they be changing the cat when its something to do with the throttle,sounds like the throttle position sensor to me. ::)

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2010, 17:42:44 »

They might have the kit .... but do they have anyone who knows how to use it ... properly ... :(

Most places now just expect to plug in, get a code, change a part, write a bill.....

No actual skill or knowledge displayed ... so when an older vehicle turns up, or the problem does not raise a code ....

no answer is the common response .. :(
Exactly entwood. :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2010, 17:55:28 »

Where are you exactly?  Maybe one off here could help

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2010, 17:57:26 »

A week last thursday the emissions light came on and the car started to run rough, as it was due for service I took it in on Mondayfor service and to sort out the problem.
Monday evening and the car will still not run smoothly having changed various sensors and the mechanics tearing thier hair out, tuesday and different set of sensors just to make sure, no result. Wednesday the car goes to main dealer for checks, they suspect the cat, Thursday back with my garage order new cat, friday part arrives and is fitted, just heard back no joy.
The car is now booked into another VX dealer in Stamford on tuesday to see if they can sort out the fault, I have no complaint with my garage as they have said any part that does not work they will take off again, and he is trying to keep the cost down and is being reasonable.
I feel that my legs have been chopped off as we live in the country, it is causing us a bit of grief at present, I expect the bill to be horrible when it is all sorted.

Which sensors were changed? Whats mileage on the car?
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2010, 19:29:04 »

The car is an 03 2.2 omega, the mileage is 69k, they have changed the cam shaft sensor, the coil pack and the lamba sensor. They found an oil leak on the cam cover which had filled the area around the plugs with oil, it was thought that this could have given the rough running.
We live in south lincs the garage which is doing the work is in Spalding.
as I said they have said that if the parts that they have tried are not the cause they will take them off and not charge us.
Still worries me though and being without the car is difficult as I have to visit the hospital on a regilar basis, being an old git, and a bit warn out. still like the car not dead yet.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2010, 19:31:46 »

Try unplugging the MAF and see what it runs like.

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2010, 19:42:55 »

The car is an 03 2.2 omega, the mileage is 69k, they have changed the cam shaft sensor, the coil pack and the lamba sensor. They found an oil leak on the cam cover which had filled the area around the plugs with oil, it was thought that this could have given the rough running.
We live in south lincs the garage which is doing the work is in Spalding.
as I said they have said that if the parts that they have tried are not the cause they will take them off and not charge us.
Still worries me though and being without the car is difficult as I have to visit the hospital on a regilar basis, being an old git, and a bit warn out. still like the car not dead yet.

Has this been fixed and new plugs fitted?
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

STMO999

« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2010, 20:03:11 »

Always change the crankshaft sensor.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2010, 20:26:47 »

Always change the crankshaft sensor.

What do you know... You drive a shoebox ::) ::) :P :P

As above, try unplugging the MAF :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 January 2010, 09:56:16 »

Hi Guys, thanks for all the help I will have a talk to the garage, yes the oil leak has been done and new plugs fitted, together with a coilpack, I will suggest to them the MAF and the accelerator scensor and see what they say.
They have replaced the cam scensor but that did not make any difference, I will call them today and give them your idea's.
Thanks for the support all.

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2010, 16:20:55 »

At last we get the car back tomorrow, it looks like it was a number of issues the kast one resolved being the MAF, 10 days without wheels is not good, start worrying about the bill now.
Thanks for your advice all.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2010, 17:30:03 »

any leak in exhaust system even a needle size will effect the engine ..and also the gaskets leaking air  under/around plenum will make the picture worse..  :-/
« Last Edit: 27 January 2010, 17:30:36 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.