Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Grandland X  (Read 1596 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Grandland X
« Reply #15 on: 18 June 2023, 13:10:58 »

Intelligent climate control. Sounds good. Front left and right and rear passengers?

Being the Grandland X Griffin edition I imagine it comes with all the bells and whistles.

Many will never be used, or even found, if the menu after menu after menu scenario in my car is anything to go by.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2023, 14:21:04 »

Intelligent climate control. Sounds good. Front left and right and rear passengers?
No idea. Hot or cold does me  ;D

How the fluck can you get different temperatures in a seven foot by five foot box? My Astra had individual temperature controls for front seat driver and passenger, if one was set warmer than the other, that was the temperature you both got.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2023, 14:23:11 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 June 2023, 14:34:51 »

I like the old pre-war cars. You simply tilt the windscreen a couple of inches and a nice flow of fresh air enters. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 June 2023, 14:49:16 »

Marketing wank. It's no more intelligent the the split systems in the front. That we're fitted by Mercedes in pretty much every model since the early seventies with independent temperature controls for both front seats.

By adding it to the rear, you lose much of the centre console storage and add a shit ton of complication by electrifying the controls. Doubled if it's four zone.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 June 2023, 15:00:25 »

By adding it to the rear, you lose much of the centre console storage and add a shit ton of complication by electrifying the controls. Doubled if it's four zone.
Shouldn't do, as any lost console space will just be air ducts, that have to be there anyway.  Although Mercedes are a different kettle of fish since they got shot of car designers in the 1980s...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2023, 15:02:34 »

No idea. Hot or cold does me  ;D

How the fluck can you get different temperatures in a seven foot by five foot box? My Astra had individual temperature controls for front seat driver and passenger, if one was set warmer than the other, that was the temperature you both got.
Seemed to work well enough in the Omegas, *IF* the A/C worked (the Omega didn't work well without A/C, and just made a shit load of fan noise.,.

Seems to work well enough in her car (dual zone) and mine (quad zone) as well....    ....and I tend to like it quite cool, and she likes her area like Chernobyl.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.