Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antonov An-225 Mriya  (Read 2525 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Antonov An-225 Mriya
« on: 12 November 2015, 12:34:02 »

Thought we had a plane coming into to land on our roof tops.  Nipped on to flight radar 24 and saw the details for a Antonov An-225 Mriya having not long taken off from robin hood airport @ 6000ft.

Just done an update, now over 12000ft @ 222knts heading east.

Wish I had grabed my camera to go and get some pictures, looks a bit of a beast.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=antonov+an-225+mriya&biw=1228&bih=613&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI2JmlnvGKyQIVRlwaCh15kQTP
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Antonov An-225 Mriya
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2015, 12:36:51 »

Also was impressed with flightradar24 during the summer, watched the antics of a glider over near hull performing acrobatics on the radar, looked like a tangled ball of string.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2015, 15:15:24 »

I think that the Antonov An-225 is the biggest cargo plane..... in the world! and there's only one of them flying.  :-\   I'm sure an one of OOF's aviation guru's will be along soon to confirm or deny.  :y

I wonder what it was delivering/collecting?  ???  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2015, 18:38:39 »

We might all be able to watch out for planes as the UN has agreed a tracking process for the future to avoid planes like the Malaysian one "vanishing" off the face of the earth.

Watched a programme about Super Guppy last night. Real pilots.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2015, 19:36:10 »

I think that the Antonov An-225 is the biggest cargo plane..... in the world! and there's only one of them flying.  :-\   I'm sure an one of OOF's aviation guru's will be along soon to confirm or deny.  :y

Engineering supplies heading to the States apparently  :y

http://www.robinhoodairport.com/latest-news/worlds-largest-aircraft-arrives-in-yorkshire

Think you're correct about there being only one :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2015, 20:23:27 »

Good to see we still make and export stuff!  :y  and outside of the EU as well!  :o  Who knew!!  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2015, 20:32:32 »

:o 640 tons !!! max take off weight 

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 November 2015, 21:05:48 »

Engineering supplies heading to the States apparently  :y

http://www.robinhoodairport.com/latest-news/worlds-largest-aircraft-arrives-in-yorkshire

Except it's outbound flight plan was to EDDP - Leipzig in Germany  - where it landed at 14:39 CET. Never believe airport departure boards - they lie about s much as flight crews do about the reasons for delays ::)

Then it departed Leipzig @ 15:58, and arrived in Baku @ 20:30. So unless you want to start Rod2 off speculating, probably best to keep stumm about the cargo  ;D
« Last Edit: 12 November 2015, 21:12:20 by LC0112G »

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2015, 21:35:46 »

Obviously on it's way home then  ::)

No date on that link though ;)

Further digging suggests it went out three days ago... Daily Fail reference it two days ago...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&redir_esc=&source=android-browser-type&v=141338691&qsubts=1447356858968&q=why+was+AN-225+at+robin+hood+airport :y
« Last Edit: 12 November 2015, 21:39:46 by Harris K Telemacher »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 November 2015, 21:58:38 »

Further digging suggests it went out three days ago... Daily Fail reference it two days ago...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&redir_esc=&source=android-browser-type&v=141338691&qsubts=1447356858968&q=why+was+AN-225+at+robin+hood+airport :y

It arrived from Kiev into Doncaster on 11-Nov-2015 @ 10:41GMT. It was also logged on a short 30 minute test flight into/out of Kiev on 9-Nov-2015. Unlikely it's been out of Europe in the past week.

The flight path from Leipzig to Baku is also interesting. The direct route would take it over Ukraine, Russia and Georgia. It actually went well south over Serbia, Bulgaria and Turkey.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 November 2015, 23:36:59 »

It arrived from Kiev into Doncaster on 11-Nov-2015 @ 10:41GMT. It was also logged on a short 30 minute test flight into/out of Kiev on 9-Nov-2015. Unlikely it's been out of Europe in the past week.

The flight path from Leipzig to Baku is also interesting. The direct route would take it over Ukraine, Russia and Georgia. It actually went well south over Serbia, Bulgaria and Turkey.

Putin said it's dangerous to fly over the Ukraine.. <cough> er.. I think he must have read it in the Daily Fail. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 November 2015, 10:28:26 »

Yup  :y :y

Its a version of the An 124 with a new tail layout and a couple of extra hairdryers bolted on  :y
It was designed to carry the Buran which was the ruskies version of the space shuttle and their space program's
booster rocket.

Fair play to Ivan, its one hell of a bit of kit that  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.