Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Beastie.  (Read 3923 times)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
Beastie.
« on: 20 December 2009, 19:23:53 »

This is kind hypothetical. I've been offered Markey Marks estate & am tempted but i'd have to dive into my savings a/c to buy it as using my current a/c would put me into an agreed o/draft & incurr charges. If i could sell the Beastie fairly quickly then i could go ahead.
     Many of you know the car which i bought from Hotel21. She's a black 98 3.0 manual saloon with full recaro leather & upgraded Bose from an Elite. 4 new tyres (budget) but newall the same & one new Goodyear Eagle F1. She will come with the famous MV6 rims that are not buckled & a spare set in silver. The Beastie has covered 115,000 miles although the engine is from a 3.0 auto Elite 107,000 that had a fully stamped book. The full cambelt kit & water pump were done a few months & 2,000 miles ago along with plugs & leads. She also comes with the Irmy steering wheel which is half leather half carbon fibre effect with mouldings at 9 & 3 o'clock (VERY RARE)
      She must owe me the between 2 or 3 grand with what i've spent. Before i bought her Broocie (Hotel 21) fitted new wishbones, discs & pads & a gentle (not over the top) red spring Irmy lowering kit to the rear, she really hangs on in the twisties. She is fitted with a full s/s exhaust which is decatted & LOUD so you would have replace the system or have a friendly MOT man regarding emissions. MOT til Feb tax till July. A good buy at £1000 or £1100 with the private plate L9 MUF!!! If no interest i'll let Marks go & keep here.
    I won't take a penny less so don't ask. P.M me for phone no. if you wish, Guy.
Curry makes the world go round!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Beastie.
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2009, 19:58:20 »

It's worth every penny :y :y :y

But I think you should keep the beastie Guy ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2009, 20:21:38 »

This is kind hypothetical. I've been offered Markey Marks estate & am tempted but i'd have to dive into my savings a/c to buy it as using my current a/c would put me into an agreed o/draft & incurr charges. If i could sell the Beastie fairly quickly then i could go ahead.
     Many of you know the car which i bought from Hotel21. She's a black 98 3.0 manual saloon with full recaro leather & upgraded Bose from an Elite. 4 new tyres (budget) but newall the same & one new Goodyear Eagle F1. She will come with the famous MV6 rims that are not buckled & a spare set in silver. The Beastie has covered 115,000 miles although the engine is from a 3.0 auto Elite 107,000 that had a fully stamped book. The full cambelt kit & water pump were done a few months & 2,000 miles ago along with plugs & leads. She also comes with the Irmy steering wheel which is half leather half carbon fibre effect with mouldings at 9 & 3 o'clock (VERY RARE)
      She must owe me the between 2 or 3 grand with what i've spent. Before i bought her Broocie (Hotel 21) fitted new wishbones, discs & pads & a gentle (not over the top) red spring Irmy lowering kit to the rear, she really hangs on in the twisties. She is fitted with a full s/s exhaust which is decatted & LOUD so you would have replace the system or have a friendly MOT man regarding emissions. MOT til Feb tax till July. A good buy at £1000 or £1100 with the private plate L9 MUF!!! If no interest i'll let Marks go & keep here.
    I won't take a penny less so don't ask. P.M me for phone no. if you wish, Guy.
Hey bud you don't want to be going there you've been there and got the t shirt. Dont give the b@stards any excuse to shaft you with any more interest charges.
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2009, 20:24:43 »

It's worth every penny :y :y :y

But I think you should keep the beastie Guy ;) ;)
It's one hell of a dilemma Paul. I would'nt consider selling her otherwise, she really is as good as she looks! :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2009, 20:50:10 »

Tough call Guy. Your beast really is such a good example, don’t know how you can let it go!

Can’t you sell the old Ford and have the beasties bigger brother?  ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 20 December 2009, 20:51:35 by Ian_D »
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2009, 21:12:34 »

Tough call Guy. Your beast really is such a good example, don’t know how you can let it go!

Would be an ideal solution... But he'll never live without the old Fords ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2009, 21:16:24 »

Would be an ideal solution... But he'll never live without the old Fords ;) ;)
Tut...

F  ix
O r
R epair
D aily

;)
« Last Edit: 20 December 2009, 21:17:03 by Ian_D »
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2009, 22:02:28 »

No chance Ian. As well as a Mig i need a classic car. No point in having two Migs. I love the Consul, she's being sprayed soon (4 new doors) & then ready for next years shows. I'm as equally involved in the classic car/steam rally scene as i am Migs so no chance of selling her.
    She's a joy to drive, seats 6 legally with front bench seat. 3 speed column change with handbrake beneath the dash, no seatbelts ever fitted (pre 1965 & she's a Jan 1961 so 49 years old in  the new year) Not selling!
      Still up for a spring Yorkmeet, caravan is due some use!!!! :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2009, 16:31:56 »

No chance Ian. As well as a Mig i need a classic car. No point in having two Migs. I love the Consul, she's being sprayed soon (4 new doors) & then ready for next years shows. I'm as equally involved in the classic car/steam rally scene as i am Migs so no chance of selling her.
    She's a joy to drive, seats 6 legally with front bench seat. 3 speed column change with handbrake beneath the dash, no seatbelts ever fitted (pre 1965 & she's a Jan 1961 so 49 years old in  the new year) Not selling!
      Still up for a spring Yorkmeet, caravan is due some use!!!! :y

Must be better than the '59 Lowline Zephyr I had, which appeared to be built out of bean cans, whereas the previous motor, a '54 Consul, was built like an Omega! Machined out of a solid lump. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2009, 21:46:45 »

This one's ok underneath, seen a welder more than once but new MOT & all solid...for now! Runs fine but body work & paint need doing properly this time so i'll be spending most of chrimbo in bed.....sorry in the workshop trying to make the doors fit!!!! :y

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2009, 22:18:05 »

Kind of glad there were no offers. Even if there had been i'd still be considering before doing the deal, just wanted to see how the land lied..(laid?) I loved the Beastie since the first Lakemeet, never thought i'd see her for sale so when i did bit Broocies hand off. Since then i've lavished much time & money making her my own so to speak. I still enjoy every journey in her (even going to work!) I can't park her at the shops & walk across the car park without looking back. Sad i know but that's why i could'nt part with her. She's a bit like me really. She can snarl & sit & is full of attitude but is lovely really!!! Despite my impulsive reaction to MM's coming up for sale i know deep down i can't let her go.
    However if any of you are interested in a very rare 3.0 manual MV6 estate with bose full recaro leather, HUGE doody wheels, irmy bodykit, headlights alone are £250 & she's been pampered the same as the Beastie. If i did'nt already have the Beastie i'd honestly snap it up.
     If you fancy something a bit special phone MM if you have his no. If not pm me for details or offers. Despite recent unrest with MM this in no way affects the car itself. Veiwings are welcome if you want to see for youself.

While we're at it festives to all of you & yours. Guy. :y

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2009, 00:06:20 »

If I won the lottery MM's car would be my first purchase but I will have to stick with my £350 banger for a while longer.
Don't wee on the electric fence

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2009, 00:09:13 »

If I won the lottery MM's car would be my first purchase but I will have to stick with my £350 banger for a while longer.
I keep thinking about it... But.. no... my parents would kill me if i bought another car  :-X

I think 2x Omegas, 1x Caravan, 0.75x Vectra Gsi and a Trailer is enough!  ;D

... Then again.....  :-/ ;)
« Last Edit: 22 December 2009, 00:09:49 by Ian_D »
[size=12]

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2009, 00:11:28 »

I keep thinking about it... But.. no... my parents would kill me if i bought another car  :-X

I get enough grief for having one working omega and one for spares on the drive  a motorbike and a caravan.
Don't wee on the electric fence

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 December 2009, 00:16:47 »

I get enough grief for having one working omega and one for spares on the drive  a motorbike and a caravan.
Granted the trailer, caravan and vectra are at different storage places.
[size=12]
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.