Author Topic: VED  (Read 2689 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: VED
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2022, 18:24:47 »

My neighbour has a new Mercedes SU-EV and said that he popped into Rownhams Services on the M27 to charge up the other day on his way home, but the chargers were out of order, so had to go into Southampton to find a charger.  ::)

He said it wasn't too much hassle as the car told him where to go and the charger (at a Shell station) was working and available, but I bet it added an hour on his trip.  :-\

PS. If you can afford a Mercedes Benz EQB I doubt you'll be too bothered by the cost of a services coffee!  ;D

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/models/eqb/suv-x243/explore/eqb-story.module.html

A car devoid of style. A six year old with crayons would come up with something similar given 5 minutes.

Why do new cars need to be so ugly. :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2022, 18:34:22 »

My neighbour has a new Mercedes SU-EV and said that he popped into Rownhams Services on the M27 to charge up the other day on his way home, but the chargers were out of order, so had to go into Southampton to find a charger.  ::)

He said it wasn't too much hassle as the car told him where to go and the charger (at a Shell station) was working and available, but I bet it added an hour on his trip.  :-\

PS. If you can afford a Mercedes Benz EQB I doubt you'll be too bothered by the cost of a services coffee!  ;D

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/models/eqb/suv-x243/explore/eqb-story.module.html

A car devoid of style. A six year old with crayons would come up with something similar given 5 minutes.

Hate those slabby rear lights that seem to be the rage.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2022, 18:49:57 »

Hate those slabby rear lights that seem to be the rage.

That wouldn't bother me as you can't see them from the drivers seat, but those vents would do my head in!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2022, 20:29:59 »

Oh dear, all those smug middle class types saving the planet in their EV's running on imported electricity generated in coal power stations on the continent, not only now have to pay VED, but are also having to contend with a massive hike in the cost of their leccy!  ;D
Fear not, I expect we normal people will get butt-raped every bit as hard on VED.

And you can't ever explain to a middle class oxford type female that "her" electricity is produced from fossil fuels, as she will believe the energy company's BS that their electricity is 100% from renewables, and that the little electrical pixies know exactly how they were generated, and that stops them going up her wires...

Had a chat with an EV owner who was stood by his car at the charging point the other day at Sedgemore Services M5 southbound, and it went something like this....

Me: How long does that take to charge mate?

EV Guy: Looking a bit pissed off. About an hour...

Me: Time to go in for a cuppa then?

EV Guy: I would, but I've got to wait for this car to finish charging. Pointing to another car plugged in.

Me: Eh? There's 3 other leads there.

EV Guy: Ah no!  There are 4 different plugs and I need the one that that car is using. I've been waiting for nearly an hour and he's on 95% and obviously taking his time over his cuppa...

Me: So EV's don't have a standard charging plug?

EV Guy: Nope, different manufacturers have different plugs.  I've been here for an hour already and I won't get a full charge, because I can't stay in the services for more than 2 hours. I've got to get to Plymouth tonight, and now tomorrow I'll have to waste time looking for somewhere to charge up again down there before heading home to Burton on Trent. I've only had it for about 6 weeks and I've had it, so it's going back next week!

Me: Oh that doesn't sound great....

EV Guy: Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely thing and fantastic to drive, but a PITA if you're doing long journeys. Great for a shopping car or if you don't go far, but I won't have another until the infrastructure is up to scratch.

Me: Ah well, hope you get charged up soon and get on your way then. Bye!
What was it? 🤔
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 November 2022, 20:51:07 »

Oh dear, all those smug middle class types saving the planet in their EV's running on imported electricity generated in coal power stations on the continent, not only now have to pay VED, but are also having to contend with a massive hike in the cost of their leccy!  ;D
Fear not, I expect we normal people will get butt-raped every bit as hard on VED.

And you can't ever explain to a middle class oxford type female that "her" electricity is produced from fossil fuels, as she will believe the energy company's BS that their electricity is 100% from renewables, and that the little electrical pixies know exactly how they were generated, and that stops them going up her wires...

Had a chat with an EV owner who was stood by his car at the charging point the other day at Sedgemore Services M5 southbound, and it went something like this....

EV Guy: I would, but I've got to wait for this car to finish charging. Pointing to another car plugged in.

EV Guy: Ah no!  There are 4 different plugs and I need the one that that car is using. I've been waiting for nearly an hour and he's on 95% and obviously taking his time over his cuppa...

EV Guy: Nope, different manufacturers have different plugs.  I've been here for an hour already and I won't get a full charge, because I can't stay in the services for more than 2 hours. I've got to get to Plymouth tonight, and now tomorrow I'll have to waste time looking for somewhere to charge up again down there before heading home to Burton on Trent. I've only had it for about 6 weeks and I've had it, so it's going back next week!

EV Guy: Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely thing and fantastic to drive, but a PITA if you're doing long journeys. Great for a shopping car or if you don't go far, but I won't have another until the infrastructure is up to scratch.

Pity no one has come up with a 4 way adaptor. Though i suppose that would be infringing some patents.  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2022, 21:56:47 »

What was it? 🤔

A Hyundai of some sort I think.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.