Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: facelift mig with irmischer kit on?  (Read 1231 times)

goats milk

• herford, germany
    • View Profile
facelift mig with irmischer kit on?
« on: 22 December 2009, 06:38:29 »

just found this on ebay,
am i right in thinking that this has a factlift irmicher kit on, or am i being a dummy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-ELITE-DTI-BLACK-FULLY-LOADED-19-ALLOYS_W0QQitemZ220528738759QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item33588981c7

belldarr

Re: facelift mig with irmischer kit on?
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2009, 07:13:07 »

No your ok - that is an Irmy kit - but the car doesn't have an electric rear blind or traction control (can't see the buttons for them) and I would expect to see these on an Elite - colour sat-nav though.

alunonhisown

« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2009, 08:37:52 »

I spoke to this Guy last week and he will not take a penny less than £3,250 for this car, he brought it over from Ireland last year and reckons he has spent a small fortune on it.
A little bit tooooooo much for me, dunno if it is worth it, what do you guys think.
Diane

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2009, 08:46:40 »

just found this on ebay,
am i right in thinking that this has a factlift irmicher kit on, or am i being a dummy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-ELITE-DTI-BLACK-FULLY-LOADED-19-ALLOYS_W0QQitemZ220528738759QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item33588981c7
Pete, your right it does have the irmscher kit but not irmscher wheels
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

3.2omegaestate

« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2009, 09:14:49 »

He may have spent a small fortune on it.  ::) ::)

When it is bought and used on uk roads with those tinted front side windows and VOSA see it, they will slap an immediate or delayed prohibition if the transparency of the glass is less than 75% (i.e. it lets less than 75% of the transmitted light through)

Solution remove the tint, and get vehicle to VOSA station for removal of the prohbition at a cost, in the interim drive with the windows downs.  :'( :'(

Why have something which gives them an open invitation to pull you over at the side of the road.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2009, 15:35:21 »

No your ok - that is an Irmy kit - but the car doesn't have an electric rear blind or traction control (can't see the buttons for them) and I would expect to see these on an Elite - colour sat-nav though.

Late 2002 and 2003 Elite saloon's didn't have the electric rear blind fitted for some reason. I never understood why Vauxhall removed that option on the last of the Omega's. And the 2.2 DTI doesn't come with traction control, only the V6's had it fitted.

belldarr

« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2009, 17:44:33 »

Late 2002 and 2003 Elite saloon's didn't have the electric rear blind fitted for some reason. I never understood why Vauxhall removed that option on the last of the Omega's. And the 2.2 DTI doesn't come with traction control, only the V6's had it fitted.

Well I never knew that! is the diesel not pokey enough to warrant traction control then? ......  I have a late 2002 Elite - it has the blind and reversing sensors, colour satnav, rain sensing wipers and the little light under the mirror so I must have been lucky and got one of the last of the fully loaded ones  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2009, 17:46:50 »

i rekon they ran out of blinds  ;D

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2009, 17:57:54 »

Well I never knew that! is the diesel not pokey enough to warrant traction control then? ......  I have a late 2002 Elite - it has the blind and reversing sensors, colour satnav, rain sensing wipers and the little light under the mirror so I must have been lucky and got one of the last of the fully loaded ones  ;D

That's a good question, I really don't know for sure, both the 2.2 diesel and 2.2 petrol didn't come with TC...I'd agree with you that it's most likely not really needed on those engines. There was never a case when I had my 2.2 I thought having TC would have helped me out.
 ;D you certainly are lucky, I have only seen a few Omega Elite's on a '52' plate onwards that had the rear electric blind fitted from new.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.