Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More BHP from a 2.2 DTi??  (Read 435 times)

6raeme

• View Profile
More BHP from a 2.2 DTi??
« on: 22 December 2009, 22:41:17 »

Evening all.

I've just bought myself a 2.2 DTi CDX after selling my MG ZT 190... the fuel economy (or lack of it) was killing me, so i fancied some cheap rear wheel drive fun. However... i was wondering if there are any modifications that can be done to squeeze any more power from the car? It's already quite a smooth and pleasant drive and very comfy compared to the hard ride of the MG, but you know what they say, there's always room for improvement :)

A full re-map will be the obvious choice and i'll probably get that done in summer, but in the meantime, i was wondering if there any other tricks? On the ZT Diesel's there were a number of things you could do including airbox modifications and you could get a lot of gain from an EGR bypass... so i was just wondering if there are any trade secrets with this engine?

Cheers

Graeme.

waspy

Re: More BHP from a 2.2 DTi??
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2009, 23:43:30 »

Hi Graeme.

For now a de-cat is a good option. Makes the car much more responsive & it'll breath easier. I noticed a difference as soon as i drove her after removal :y
The re-map is a very good option. Mines also had this :y
Where abouts are you? I could put you in touch with my mate Gavin who re-mapped mine ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.