Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where have all the cars gone ?  (Read 4254 times)

dazzerM

• Reading
  • Mokka 1.7CDTI, BMW 120D Shadow (It’s a work car)
    • Which ones closest
    • View Profile
Where have all the cars gone ?
« on: 29 November 2020, 00:04:09 »

Hi all,

I just checked and it’s been 3 years since I last come on here, feels like 3 months ago.

Since I sold my last 3.2 not that I have been seriously looking but you know how it is dabbling with your saved searches and alerts waiting for that nice V6 to come up and I don’t think anything Saloon wise unless NI has popped up.

Where have they all gone, it doesn’t even seem gradual it’s like most variants disappeared overnight, to the point we made a guest appearance on the page cars you don’t see anymore

Anyway hope everyone’s good and if ever any of you do come to sell  ;D ;D

Ps that was dry humour not a wanted advert
Darren

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Where have all the cars gone ?
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2020, 10:21:07 »

I rarely see an Omega on the roads these days. Although I could say the same about most cars that went out of production nearly 18 years ago I suppose.
Even "prestige" brands such as BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar etc. arent a common sight on reg plates between L and 03.
Car like Omegas and the others above arent economical on fuel, arent cheap to maintain unless you do it yourself, and are unfashionable concepts in todays world.
So, its hardly surprising really.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2020, 10:25:16 »

Most of them dissolved... :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2020, 16:37:53 »

Signum is the new Omega.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2020, 16:50:43 »

Signum is the new Omega.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2020, 18:26:35 »

Signum is the new Omega.

So it's only partly dissolved?  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2020, 18:41:10 »

Signum is the new Omega.

Mock all you like but I'm driving a future classic. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2020, 18:46:15 »

You are  :y.............................in the sense that if anything lasts long enough it becomes a classic. Even an Austin Allegro.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 November 2020, 18:50:27 »

Signum is the new Omega.

Definition of future classic: an old, ordinary, worthless car that I'm hoping increases in value(just a little will do) before I die.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 November 2020, 20:32:57 »

Well mine's been tucked away in the lock up garage being cheerfully ignored for the most part for above a year now.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 November 2020, 22:53:05 »

Signum is the new Omega.

Ah yes in 20 years time it will be as desirable as a Morris Marina 1800TC Coupe is today!  :y

dazzerM

• Reading
  • Mokka 1.7CDTI, BMW 120D Shadow (It’s a work car)
    • Which ones closest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 November 2020, 22:56:25 »

I’ll pass on the signum thanks, I think the only good thing to come of that car was the rear fridge arm rear which fitted the Omega perfectly  :y

I am not sure but I am guessing the Signum is a Y32 rather than X30 so it’s the fly by wire tech and not the proper old school feel.

Just seems strange how so many ended up in NI

I sold my showroom condition 2001 3.0 Manual MV6 2 owners from new in 2011 for just over a grand and that was decent money back then
Darren

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 November 2020, 00:14:48 »

3.2 DBW (auto only in the Signum) for the pre facelift, and 2.8T (again auto only except Vectra VXR) for the facelift... Which is nice.  8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2020, 09:43:58 »

Cant even find one in the scrappys , did have one come in to work last year. TBH only seen one Signam and that was an MOT ,didnt think much of it as its butt ugly!!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 November 2020, 13:51:48 »

Cant even find one in the scrappys , did have one come in to work last year. TBH only seen one Signam and that was an MOT ,didnt think much of it as its butt ugly!!

Wash your mouth out with soap..... :-* :-* :-* :-*

The mighty Signum shares the sensuous curves of a beautiful woman. :)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2020, 16:14:38 »

They are heading over to Ireland in large numbers as they are popular with the drifty chappies over there
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2020, 17:25:37 »

Do you think that there will be a far higher percentage of older (petrol and diesel) cars remaining on the road the closer we get to 2030? ??? ??? ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2020, 17:27:26 »

Do you think that there will be a far higher percentage of older (petrol and diesel) cars remaining on the road the closer we get to 2030? ??? ??? ;)
Depends what you call older. Mine is old (2014) in my opinion, omegas will surely be too old.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2020, 18:01:12 »

Depends what you call older. Mine is old (2014) in my opinion, omegas will surely be too old.

mmm.  I suppose the other question is how quickly from 2030 will petrol stations as we know them disappear to be replaced by full charging stations, without any petrol/diesel filling facility.  I saw either a plan or actual completed facility (Shell?? )being featured in a recent TV advert that was such  site.

So, then the petrol and diesel cars of any age will be forced from the road! :( :(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2020, 18:04:39 »

mmm.  I suppose the other question is how quickly from 2030 will petrol stations as we know them disappear to be replaced by full charging stations, without any petrol/diesel filling facility.  I saw either a plan or actual completed facility (Shell?? )being featured in a recent TV advert that was such  site.

So, then the petrol and diesel cars of any age will be forced from the road! :( :(
A lot of things to put in place before then.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 November 2020, 18:06:13 »

A lot of things to put in place before then.

Too true!  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2020, 18:08:14 »

If you think being told to stay indoors during covid ruffled a few feathers, wait until they try to take our beloved internal combustion engines from us.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2020, 18:09:12 »

If you think being told to stay indoors during covid ruffled a few feathers, wait until they try to take our beloved internal combustion engines from us.

There will be a revolution!! :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 November 2020, 18:10:16 »

Mad Max...and Tom, Dick and Harry.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 November 2020, 18:12:26 »

There are currently 40 million cars on the road in the UK. 2.3 million of them were new in 2019. Those numbers are only going to increase in the next ten years, although more of them will be partial EVs.

Everyone of those that isn't a full, plug-in EV will need to be refuelled.

Therefore petrol stations will be required for years after 2030, although I do predict that they'll offer charging points too.

Those numbers don't include industrial vehicles, many of which are utterly unsuited to electric power.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 November 2020, 18:12:35 »

Mad Max...and Tom, Dick and Harry.

;D ;D ;D :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 November 2020, 18:15:07 »

Yeah, just like everybody kept their horses 100 years ago.

Instead they jumped at the chance of cheaper, more practical, cleaner, economical, comfortable convenient cars.

I/C engines are now the things that many of us will be glad to see/smell/hear the back of.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2020, 18:18:22 »

There are currently 40 million cars on the road in the UK. 2.3 million of them were new in 2019. Those numbers are only going to increase in the next ten years, although more of them will be partial EVs.

Therefore petrol stations will be required for years after 2030, although I do predict that they'll offer charging points too.

Those numbers don't include industrial vehicles, many of which are utterly unsuited to electric power.
Yep. I'm not overly concerned at my age, and younger people will probably think it's a good thing.
I've a few friends in London who haven't owned a car of any sort for years, it just doesn't make sense. When I lived on the Fulham Road in 1990, there wasn't a parking space to be had for miles. Residents didn't get any preference and had to trawl the streets for ages looking for a space. 30 years ago...wonder what it's like now.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 November 2020, 18:19:10 »

Yeah, just like everybody kept their horses 100 years ago.

Instead they jumped at the chance of cheaper, more practical, cleaner, economical, comfortable convenient cars.

I/C engines are now the things that many of us will be glad to see/smell/hear the back of.
Nah, totally different kettle of fish.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2020, 20:49:38 »

Yep. I'm not overly concerned at my age, and younger people will probably think it's a good thing.
I've a few friends in London who haven't owned a car of any sort for years, it just doesn't make sense. When I lived on the Fulham Road in 1990, there wasn't a parking space to be had for miles. Residents didn't get any preference and had to trawl the streets for ages looking for a space. 30 years ago...wonder what it's like now.

In 2030 as anyone walks down there they'll be tripping over miles of charging cables. Gladstone Brookes will be having a field day.  :D Other ambulance chasers are available. ;)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 December 2020, 12:36:15 »

I hope so, suck, squeeze, bang and blow rely on it ;)
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 December 2020, 15:44:34 »

Can't see those good old boys across the pond, giving up their pick up trucks and SUV's without a fight. Also pussy boy Boris and his hair brained scheme will be met with a fair bit of resistance as well.....but I'm thinking he's done anyway, re the Batflu ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.