Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What's wrong with this?  (Read 7697 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with this?
« Reply #30 on: 15 December 2020, 22:47:25 »

Could be.  :-\  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 December 2020, 23:19:36 »

Pug produced parts assembled by Ford in Welsh Wales (I mean, what could possibly go wrong!) until about 2012, then production and sourcing moved to JLR engine plant where changes were made to sort component issues  :y

And yet the internet is still replete with reports of snapped cranks on 3.0 TDV6 /SDV6 motors produced after that time. Perhaps JLR should have sharpened their pencils a little more rigorously...

As for the OP, I don't see why you would want that vehicle, it doesn't strike me as particularly cheap. Also, that interior....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 December 2020, 01:14:13 »

As for the OP, I don't see why you would want that vehicle, it doesn't strike me as particularly cheap. Also, that interior....

Well if you can find me a cheaper Disco 4 of a similar age/mileage, with good history including having the belts done and in VGC, I'll be all ears!  :y

And actually.......... I don't mind the interior.  :-X                                 :P                                    ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 December 2020, 05:59:07 »

Well if you can find me a cheaper Disco 4 of a similar age/mileage, with good history including having the belts done and in VGC, I'll be all ears!  :y

And actually.......... I don't mind the interior.  :-X                                 :P                                    ;D
Jimmy will like an interior like that in 20 years and he'll want the whole car that colour in 30 years  ;D
Diesel till I die

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 December 2020, 22:51:52 »

Funnily enough, the FIL has an F10 5 series that's beige, inside and out  ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 December 2020, 23:00:38 »

While it wouldn't be my first choice of colour, the interior doesn't offend me......

I see it as a plus, really.  At least it's never been near a farm and therefore doesn't smell like a farm.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 December 2020, 23:05:53 »

While it wouldn't be my first choice of colour, the interior doesn't offend me......

I see it as a plus, really.  At least it's never been near a farm and therefore doesn't smell like a farm.

you don't see many farmers driving Discoveries around here. They mostly favour Ford Rangers, with L200s a distant second.

Discos are for taking kids to school and the riding stables.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 December 2020, 23:11:38 »

you don't see many farmers driving Discoveries around here. They mostly favour Ford Rangers, with L200s a distant second.

It's probably never been off the black stuff.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 December 2020, 23:16:48 »

Farmers around here (Somerset) drive Tractors.

I do get the Horse'y type MILF driving a Disco though.  :D

It's probably never been off the black stuff.  ::)

Mounted a kerb or two!  :D
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 December 2020, 08:29:46 »

Proper farmers round this way ancient Defenders for work use and when attending "The Lodge" a multitude of newish full fat Range Rovers in the car park.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 December 2020, 08:58:14 »

Proper farmers round this way ancient Defenders for work use and when attending "The Lodge" a multitude of newish full fat Range Rovers in the car park.

The Ranger driving farmers round here still have the Defenders that made them swap to Fords. They're rusting away quietly out of sight....

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 December 2020, 09:05:04 »

The Ranger driving farmers round here still have the Defenders that made them swap to Fords. They're rusting away quietly out of sight....

Lincolnshire folk are tight & look after things properly so they last hence no Fords round here.😉
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 December 2020, 09:24:30 »

Lincolnshire folk are tight & look after things properly so they last hence no Fords round here.😉

It's because they're tight that stopped them patching up Land Rovers.

The man I know said they budget for one big piece of machinery every year. Cars aren't big machinery! He just laughed when I mentioned the new Defender and called it a toy. And pointed out the price: why spend £50k on it when a Ranger(his is a V-plate one reaching the end of its life) is <£20k, is better suited to the job, lasts longer, and doesn't go wrong?

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 December 2020, 09:47:53 »

It's because they're tight that stopped them patching up Land Rovers.

The man I know said they budget for one big piece of machinery every year. Cars aren't big machinery! He just laughed when I mentioned the new Defender and called it a toy. And pointed out the price: why spend £50k on it when a Ranger(his is a V-plate one reaching the end of its life) is <£20k, is better suited to the job, lasts longer, and doesn't go wrong?

In Lincolnshire we know better than to mention " The new Defender" 😂😂😂

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 December 2020, 11:17:59 »

https://ecdautodesign.com/

It is possible to make a decent Defender... at a price.

https://youtu.be/qeETddIcXBo
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.