Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HUGE Thanks to Serek / SOS Automotive (On subject of Land Rovers!)  (Read 2832 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE Thanks to Serek / SOS Automotive (On subject of Land Rovers!)
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2020, 23:34:42 »

Nice motor James, I like that shape.

Cheers, me too  :y

Is it my eyes or have you got one of your roof boxes on backwards. I assume this is because they are single hinge and you do this for access.

Actually, no. Whilst I can see why you would think this - it's actually exactly the same design, front and back. So it can go either way. Makes access very easy from either side :y :y

Ref my roof setup, the bars, were £30 from ebay, specific for L322. The Thule box on the drivers side, was £30 from a guy in Slough, who bought it, but couldn't work out (and then lost) its fittings. I used some exhaust U clamps and bits of metal I fabricated, works a treat!

The other box was the most expensive part, at £100, but it's enormous, so that's ok.

The bike carriers were £30 each, from Hellfrauds, didn't quite fit on the bars with the included U bolts, with both the roof boxes on - so for the U bolt that didn't fit, instead I drilled down into the roof bar, and used a nut, bolt, and spreader plate.

This whole set up, for £220.

Wonder what it would charge to get an "expert" aka spotty yoof at Halfords to kit it out like that?  ;D ;D

I love getting a bargain, and I love make do and mend culture :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.