Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: oil change  (Read 3573 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: oil change
« Reply #15 on: 23 December 2020, 11:57:04 »

Oil changes should be done every 20,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is sooner. Says so in my astra book.
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 December 2020, 12:07:52 »

Oil changes should be done every 20,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is sooner. Says so in my astra book.

This was to keep fleet happy, not the turbo's. As I tend to keep my cars for a while, but don't cover that many miles as we alternate vehicles, the time due for an oil change would always be way before the mileage.  :y  So, as you say, the 12 months would apply to me.
« Last Edit: 23 December 2020, 12:14:23 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 December 2020, 18:37:24 »

This was to keep fleet happy, not the turbo's. As I tend to keep my cars for a while, but don't cover that many miles as we alternate vehicles, the time due for an oil change would always be way before the mileage.  :y  So, as you say, the 12 months would apply to me.

My understanding is that the if you have 1000 hire cars in your fleet, and don't have to service them in the year you own them, you save a opps l load of money.
If a manufacturer wants to sell you 1000 cars, they need to  cover the odd one or 2 that might fail because of lack of.of oil change. A couple of engines under warranty is alot less than the profit on 1000 cars (even with a discount)
Cynical ? Me ? Yeah

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 December 2020, 21:58:54 »

I found a document on my car for how to (temporarily) get a live reading from the dash gauge, rather than "an average over x minutes" type, which has made oil changes even quicker.  A silly procedure of press this with your finger in your ear, then press the other twice quickly.

I'd imagine your neighbours get a bit fidgety if they see you with your fingers in your ears, as they think you're waiting for another big bang.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2020, 12:43:21 »

I found a document on my car for how to (temporarily) get a live reading from the dash gauge, rather than "an average over x minutes" type, which has made oil changes even quicker.  A silly procedure of press this with your finger in your ear, then press the other twice quickly.

I'd imagine your neighbours get a bit fidgety if they see you with your fingers in your ears, as they think you're waiting for another big bang.  ;D
Nah, they all moved within a year or so or the incident....
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 December 2020, 20:51:14 »

Was it something you said? ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 December 2020, 09:44:36 »

Was it something you said? ;D ;D ;D
Must have been. Can't think what else would cause them all to up sticks and move ::)
Grumpy old man

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 December 2020, 20:45:39 »

a neighbor checked the oil in his mokka & found it to be way above the top dipstick mark. he used my cheap mityvac & removed the excess which happened to be 1/2 ltr ish. he reckoned the local garage did the filter changes. if that is right should he pull them. ?
an update on the oil change. not seen much of my neighbor until today so i asked him how long was it in getting a service & it was two weeks. an overfill by the local garage it seems. they are usually on the ball but the young lad that does the filter change wants a rocket up the bum.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.