Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "power probe"???  (Read 775 times)

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
"power probe"???
« on: 27 December 2011, 08:41:47 »

Ok so it was a toss up between this section or general discussion, but I figure it's electrical over anything...

I'm trying to assess that the water injection on my cav is connected to the right wires for the injector pulse wires.. I've been told I need to use a 'power probe', the description of which given to me was "to see wheather it pulses between pos and neg, basically an led that flashes between pos and neg"

I'm thinking it sounds from the basic description I was given they're the sort of thing you can pick up at the tool tent on the bank holiday markets etc for a fiver...

I've done a quick 'google' and found very complex looking items for £50-£250. not quite what I had in mind!

I've been told as well you can use a multimeter that measures frequency, i get the feeling that as the one I have is cheap and cheery, and the fact that he mentioned I need one that measures frequency, as oppose to saying 'use a multimeter and set it to frequency' makes me think mine don't. What symbol/readings would I be looking for?

Any ideas of any cheap alternative or have I gotta borrow something / spend £50+??
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
Re: "power probe"???
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2011, 08:47:38 »

Actually, backtrack that, I've just explored eBay lol
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.