Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotland  (Read 23653 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland
« Reply #90 on: 12 September 2014, 13:00:21 »

As soon as Mr Salmond realises that he needs to raise duty levels on landed gas and oil to pay for his folly, and then proceeds to do so, the oil companies will soon land it elsewhere... ::)

Or as an alternate, reduce the tax so as to encourage a larger volume to be landed in Scotland rather than England?

And also redraw the oil boundary so as to truly reflect territorial waters rather than the fudge around that Westminster imposed a few years ago on the realisation of an impending vote? 

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 12 September 2014, 13:12:52 »

I find the oil debate quite amusing as the north sea has not a great deal left and what is there is pricey to extract and hence is dependent on oil prices being higher than $100 per barrel.

What I do fear is that oil and gas is not the answer to the Scottish independence funding gap and I still hope they vote No as they are great people being led on by a Muppet of the highest order.

05omegav6

« Reply #92 on: 12 September 2014, 13:23:01 »

How will that pay for Holyrood House, Defence and Law enforcement, let alone the health service, welfare state and infrastructure?

Not to mention Orkney and Shetlands pivotal role in the oil network. If they were to decide to separate from an newly independent Scotland, and remain in the Union, then where would Scottish oil revenue be?

Whilst the idea of independence might be a tempting utopia, the reality will be far from pleasant and will result in alot of turmoil both sides of the border. Not a bed I would wish to lie in :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #93 on: 12 September 2014, 13:24:18 »

I find the oil debate quite amusing as the north sea has not a great deal left and what is there is pricey to extract and hence is dependent on oil prices being higher than $100 per barrel.

What I do fear is that oil and gas is not the answer to the Scottish independence funding gap and I still hope they vote No as they are great people being led on by a Muppet of the highest order.
And to think it all started as a throwaway comment to clutch at a few votes :-\

Rog

« Reply #94 on: 12 September 2014, 13:38:09 »

What I do fear is that oil and gas is not the answer to the Scottish independence funding gap and I still hope they vote No as they are great people being led on by a Muppet deluded nutcase of the highest order.

:y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 12 September 2014, 13:50:10 »

I stayed there for a night a few years back. I got the impression that it is a bit like a Milton Keynes of the North - but without the rich cultural tapestry. ;)

Should that read...
I stayed there for a night a few years back. I got the impression that it is a bit like a Milton Keynes of the North - but without the rich cultural tapestry. ;)

or

::)
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 12 September 2014, 13:52:26 »

Should that read...

or

::)

I think they both work. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 12 September 2014, 14:06:29 »

If Scotland get independence, then I'm forming the Somerset Independence Party. If they can live on Shortbread, Whiskey and Haggis, then I'm sure we can make our way in the world on Cheddar Cheese, Faggots and Cider (propur Scrumpy - not that fizzy pish from Hereford/Ireland).  :D

The EU will soon put the kibosh on that due to greenhouse gas emissions. ::)

Good point - self sufficient in Natural gas too - although we probably will have to import pickled onions so that will affect balance of payments. Just have to build an (un)natural gas fired power station, and get CND in to de-commission Hinkley Point nuclear power station and spread all the nuclear waste somewhere un-important - like Dorset, Devon, Hampshire and Wiltshire.

Now where's my DVD box set of Citizen Smith.

Oi!!  >:(   ;D

Actually Dorset is much more viable than Somerset as an independent state because we've got oil!!  :y

It's Dorsets oil!!!!!! :y :y :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rog

« Reply #98 on: 12 September 2014, 14:07:38 »

Well, I just know that I'm pee'd off as I suddenly need to go to Glasgow next week to deal with a customer problem, and all the hotels are either full or charging a fortune (like £300 per night in one case). Having to stay in a motorway lodge  >:( not happy  >:(  >:(

Presumably all the TV / Press etc are filling the hotels  :-[

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 12 September 2014, 14:19:44 »

Ah yes the Dorset oil which is off the beach in Bournemouth and drilled for from a little island in Poole harbour

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 12 September 2014, 16:39:34 »

If Scotland get independence, then I'm forming the Somerset Independence Party. If they can live on Shortbread, Whiskey and Haggis, then I'm sure we can make our way in the world on Cheddar Cheese, Faggots and Cider (propur Scrumpy - not that fizzy pish from Hereford/Ireland).  :D

The EU will soon put the kibosh on that due to greenhouse gas emissions. ::)

Good point - self sufficient in Natural gas too - although we probably will have to import pickled onions so that will affect balance of payments. Just have to build an (un)natural gas fired power station, and get CND in to de-commission Hinkley Point nuclear power station and spread all the nuclear waste somewhere un-important - like Dorset, Devon, Hampshire and Wiltshire.

Now where's my DVD box set of Citizen Smith.

Oi!!  >:(   ;D

Actually Dorset is much more viable than Somerset as an independent state because we've got oil!!  :y

It's Dorsets oil!!!!!! :y :y :y

Yeah - but you've got all them coffin dodgers blocking up the roads and sea fronts to pay for too. Pensions are cripplingly expensive, as the Scots will/may find out. Admitedly you've got Tanglefoot, Old Thumper and Fourty Niner but that ain't gonna cover it. No good cheeses either.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 12 September 2014, 16:45:00 »

Yeah - but you've got all them coffin dodgers blocking up the roads and sea fronts to pay for too. Pensions are cripplingly expensive, as the Scots will/may find out. Admitedly you've got Tanglefoot, Old Thumper and Fourty Niner but that ain't gonna cover it. No good cheeses either.

He's got apple cake, though. Mmm. :-*

and Dorset Knobs (no sniggering at the back). ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

omega3000

« Reply #102 on: 12 September 2014, 18:30:07 »

If a yes vote there will be quite a few companies shifting assets to england and supermarkets closing or putting up prices  :D Its not looking great is it this independent malarkey  ::) :P 

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 12 September 2014, 19:41:39 »

If a yes vote there will be quite a few companies shifting assets to england and supermarkets closing or putting up prices  :D Its not looking great is it this independent malarkey  ::) :P

That is complete and utter Pish.

You base your comment on what?

Lloyd already have an Hq in London. Quite a big one. It will be a legislative move banking wise and yes, corporation tax etc due will fall to rUK but banks will still be open here and jobs still open as well.

On the mobile and about to have dinner but it's crud like the above that continually boils my Pish in this referendum.

It's a scottish issue (with backlash to rUK) but, if a no, be assured that a backlash to Scotland will also be substantial. As said previously, the genie is out the bottle and it won't fit back in without pain.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 12 September 2014, 19:46:47 »

That is complete and utter Pish.

You base your comment on what?

Lloyd already have an Hq in London. Quite a big one. It will be a legislative move banking wise and yes, corporation tax etc due will fall to rUK but banks will still be open here and jobs still open as well.

On the mobile and about to have dinner but it's crud like the above that continually boils my Pish in this referendum.

It's a scottish issue (with backlash to rUK) but, if a no, be assured that a backlash to Scotland will also be substantial. As said previously, the genie is out the bottle and it won't fit back in without pain.
That bloke off the tele who reads the news for a day job  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.