Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Haneda incident.  (Read 5099 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Haneda incident.
« Reply #30 on: 05 January 2024, 17:07:13 »

Not to mention the CVR ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 January 2024, 17:12:20 »

I've read elsewhere that this is the 8th time a FADEC engine has failed to shut down (or respond to commands to shut down) during an incident. Basically the engine control electronics tries to keep the engine going in the last commanded state in the event of lost coms. In the QF1 Singapore A380 event, it took the fire brigade 3 hours to eventuallly 'drown' the engine in water/foam before it stopped.

There is now some doubt about the evacuation timings. There is onboard video of PAX in the rear cabin running forwards through empty front cabins as the fire brigade foam the wing/engine/fuselage areas. Initial reports were that the first fire appliance arrived about 6 minutes after the plane stopped. If that's correct it's far too long - The last survivor from the Manchester 737 was carried out (by a fireman) at about 5:37 from the alarm being raised. My understanding is/was that airport fire services are supposed to reach the scene of an on-airport incident in 3 minutes.

Also AIUI the CVR and ADR have not yet been found. Another problem with letting the aircraft burn to the ground. They are very very rugged devices, but may not survive 5-6 hours in an intense fire. Worrying.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 January 2024, 17:40:25 »

The Mancchester fire raised alot of issues regarding fire retardation and materials.

When we do our drills, if the exit is blocked, you have to keep checking outside but it's easy to get task focused moving people forwards and forget to look out of the window. A fluid situation requires a fluid process to manage it.

As to FADEC issues, the A350 has form :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 January 2024, 17:50:51 »

Also, my mind keeps returning to an incident in the Middleish East involving a widebody aircraft that had an emergency landing due to a fumes event in an AC pack and they taxied off the runway and stopped. Everyone on board was asphyxiated but had they shutdown and evacuated as soon as they stopped everyone would have survived :-\

Damned if I can remember the specifics though...

Point being, as soon as it becomes more dangerous to stay, you need to be out the door.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 January 2024, 20:13:55 »

Also, my mind keeps returning to an incident in the Middleish East involving a widebody aircraft that had an emergency landing due to a fumes event in an AC pack and they taxied off the runway and stopped. Everyone on board was asphyxiated but had they shutdown and evacuated as soon as they stopped everyone would have survived :-\

Damned if I can remember the specifics though...

Point being, as soon as it becomes more dangerous to stay, you need to be out the door.

Saudia 163. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudia_Flight_163

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 January 2024, 20:56:44 »

That's the one :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.