Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 passenger door mirror not moving up/down  (Read 1069 times)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
MV6 passenger door mirror not moving up/down
« on: 27 September 2015, 17:33:09 »

But moves left/right fine albeit doesn't sound healthy when doing it. Replaced motor with a known good one but no change. Any ideas?

05omegav6

Re: MV6 passenger door mirror not moving up/down
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2015, 18:42:02 »

Door loom :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2015, 18:46:32 »

Is that the bunch of wires that's inside the wing mirror or from the door to wing mirror?

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2015, 19:08:36 »

Both I guess, but worth testing for continuity between the mirror plug and the passenger door plug, the passenger door plug and the drivers door plug, and the drivers door plug and the switch...

If new motor made no difference then the issue is wiring/switch related. Swapping switch might be the simplest next step :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2015, 19:29:52 »

Do you mean swapping the passenger/drivers switched over?

I have a spare wing mirror here from possibly a CD/MV6 spec with the loom which I could try. Does it pull out of the mirror housing or do I need to strip it all out? 

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2015, 19:50:42 »

Needs swapping with another drivers door switch :y They aren't interchangeable, and besides, you need the mirror control to test the mirror ::)

Mirror loom is short... only goes a few inches into the door, then plugs into door loom, which in turn plugs into the car loom at the A pillar. This loom then joins the main body loom in the big plugs behind the passenger kick panel before running across the car to the drivers side kick panel plugs. From here it runs upto the door connection and on to the switch. There is a tail of loom from the switch to the drivers mirror which can be ignored if that works as advertised...

Mirror off to access that plug, door open to access that plug, kick panels off for those plugs and door cards off for loom access.

If the drivers door mirror adjusts as it should, then the switch is probably fine. I suspect there's a break in the wiring in one of three places... In order of likelihood...

1. Where the drivers door plugs into the A post.
2. Where the passenger door plugs into the A post.
3. Where either door loom has been snagged during a lock solenoid change. :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2015, 23:30:41 »

:(  That sounds overly complicated for me.  :-\

So the first thing to check would be the drivers door loom that plugs into the wing mirror. Elite Pete is breaking a DTi would the loom from that be compatible?

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 28 September 2015, 07:12:43 »

:(  That sounds overly complicated for me.  :-\

So the first thing to check would be the drivers door loom that plugs into the wing mirror. Elite Pete is breaking a DTi would the loom from that be compatible?
Yes to both of Petes door looms...but... swapping them is alot of faffing to fix a break in one or two wires ::) Checking continuity from the switch in the drivers door to the PASSENGER mirror is what you need to be doing first. Potential break will most likely be in the rubber conduit between the drivers door and A pillar. This is because the drivers door is the only one that gets used EVERY single time the car is driven.

It would be quicker for me to do it than to explain it, and a perfect job for the Wycombe meet... unfortunately I have five days off in October, and all of those are going from a night shift to a day shift, and not one of them is the 10th :(
If I get a chance this week I shall dig out the wiring diagrams...

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 September 2015, 09:48:16 »

I'll dig out my multimeter then. So to check the drivers door to passenger switch for continuity, its passenger mirror off and drivers door open (and the cables pull out for access?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.