Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose CCR2006 no sound !  (Read 3781 times)

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
Bose CCR2006 no sound !
« on: 14 November 2007, 14:09:28 »

BOSE CR2006 Elite 3.0 facelift. Ok, so several of the speakers stopped working. I checked the connections at the speaker ends, all look fine. then it was down to 2 speakers. Take to vauxhall garage they say it 'probably' needs a new head unit. £118 for a recon one they have to order in. I am waiting for this recon unit to arrive. Yesterday down to one speaker and today none. No sound anywhere. Anyone have any pointeres to things I can try with the head unit to get at least some speakers working or is it just a case of wait for the new unit to arrive. Oh and the vauxhall garage only said 'we should try a new head unit' - they couldnt guarantee it will fix the problem.

Cheers

Dodsy

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Bose CCR2006 no sound !
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2007, 14:14:39 »

Sounds more likely to be a connector falling out somewhere - or perhaps the Bose amp under the parcel shelf?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2007, 14:20:46 »

I thought it might be a connector. I have checked all the speaker ends and they are all connected ok, didnt have the DIN tool so got the dealer to pull out the head unit and reseat all the connections. No joy. I didnt realise the Bose AMP was in the boot I will take a look tonight. Cheers !

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2007, 14:58:20 »

Yep. Not got one myself but I believe it's in a tray under the parcel shelf. Do a search on here and I'm sure you'll find some information.

As I understand it, the CCR2006 is configured for a Bose system whereby it outputs lower level signals from the speaker outputs on the head unit (same connections, just smaller signal level). The outputs on the CCR2006 go to the bose amp that's under the parcel shelf and all 6 speakers in the system are fed from the Bose amp.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2007, 15:04:53 »

Yep. Not got one myself but I believe it's in a tray under the parcel shelf. Do a search on here and I'm sure you'll find some information.

As I understand it, the CCR2006 is configured for a Bose system whereby it outputs lower level signals from the speaker outputs on the head unit (same connections, just smaller signal level). The outputs on the CCR2006 go to the bose amp that's under the parcel shelf and all 6 speakers in the system are fed from the Bose amp.

Kevin

I would expect it to be the amp end, would be surprised if its the head unit becasue the bass units (rear shelf) should have worked right down to the last channel failing

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2007, 16:40:06 »

yep, known in the past to be a dodgy connection in the amp, and in one case... amp missing altogether!!

your amp will be there considering you still had sound at some point :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2007, 18:17:26 »

I certainly would be suspecting the amp long before the head unit....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2007, 18:18:15 »

Oh, and getting the amp out is a right barsteward - you have to remove the parcel shelf to get to some screws  >:(
Grumpy old man

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 November 2007, 00:21:06 »

Oh, and getting the amp out is a right barsteward - you have to remove the parcel shelf to get to some screws  >:(

Had a quick look in the dark...guess what ? theres a big multiway connector to the left of the amp and.....its not plugged in ! Something must have caught the cable at some point and yanked it out. I WILL be writing to my local vauxhall dealer demanding a refund for their so called 'diagnostic' work.

And I was wondering how the hell I was going to get the amp out as I couldnt see any screws. I will attack the parcel shelf tomorrow !

Cheers !

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 November 2007, 14:51:29 »

Had a quick look in the dark...guess what ? theres a big multiway connector to the left of the amp and.....its not plugged in ! Something must have caught the cable at some point and yanked it out. I WILL be writing to my local vauxhall dealer demanding a refund for their so called 'diagnostic' work.

And I was wondering how the hell I was going to get the amp out as I couldnt see any screws. I will attack the parcel shelf tomorrow !

Cheers !

all i've learnt from this forum is that VX themselves barely know their a*ses from their elbows!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2007, 14:54:42 »

Can you not reach in through the slot that the cable loom enters and re-fit the connector......

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2007, 16:56:13 »

A big thank you to everyone on here, I now have the full Bose experience ! I couldnt quite get my fingers through the gap, so I trimmed a bit of plastic out with my trusty stanley knife, then plugged the connector back in.

Cheers !!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 November 2007, 17:05:20 »

Normal main dealer diagnostic work IME (it's not just Vauxhall either). Blame the most expensive part and work backwards in price from there. Don't let the facts cloud your judgement. ::)

Kevin

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 November 2007, 04:04:27 »

Normal main dealer diagnostic work.......Blame the most expensive part and work backwards in price from there.

Kevin
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They're not all nobs!  ::)

Kev, does your car not have Bose then?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 November 2007, 12:09:22 »

Kev, does your car not have Bose then?

Nope.  :'(

It does have a nice Alpine amp connected to my bodged CCR2006 with preamp outputs. It sounds really nice now I've figured out what was causing it to distort.

I've often wondered how easily the Bose shelf speakers could be retro-ftted, actually.

Kevin
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.