Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Wars question....  (Read 2162 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Game Wars question....
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2008, 21:31:02 »

I don't know myself but Chris Moyles raves about COD on the 360. :-/

COD4 is one of the best games for the xbox, along with GTA 4.

Don't get my wrong the PS3 graphics are better, BUT only if they are developed ONLY for the PS3 like GT5

But the developer companies such as EA Games, unless sponsored by Sony will develop games for both consoles, having to cater for the less powerful xbox.

So there really is no need for the PS3, it was only useful as a blueray player really.
And a media center is probably better than a gayStation for that anyway...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2008, 21:53:44 »

I don't know myself but Chris Moyles raves about COD on the 360. :-/

COD4 is one of the best games for the xbox, along with GTA 4.

Don't get my wrong the PS3 graphics are better, BUT only if they are developed ONLY for the PS3 like GT5

But the developer companies such as EA Games, unless sponsored by Sony will develop games for both consoles, having to cater for the less powerful xbox.

So there really is no need for the PS3, it was only useful as a blueray player really.
And a media center is probably better than a gayStation for that anyway...

True.

The Sony interface is not that great either, and is limiting as a media centre. Its only good to actually play standard bluray movies.

xbox live is much better as well, ps3 community is small.

xbox still outsells PS3!

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2008, 22:46:42 »

PS3 controllers are fine - a few months ago - before my accident I played games for at least 45m a night for 2 months.

No hand ache at all

Also PS3 has HDMI - best way to connect to HDTV

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2008, 22:50:03 »

PS3 controllers are fine - a few months ago - before my accident I played games for at least 45m a night for 2 months.

No hand ache at all

Thats nothing! like i said, they are fine until about 3 hours when cramp sets in. xbox, easily played all day 8/9 hours no issues.

xbox has HDMI as well  ;)

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 14 November 2008, 22:53:02 »

No hand ache at all

Thats nothing! like i said, they are fine until about 3 hours when cramp sets in. xbox, easily played all day 8/9 hours no issues.

Doesn't have Gran Turismo though and neither does it have Little Big Planet - anyway I'm off to play Motorstorm Pacific Rift :y

As to long game marathons - not into that anyway - 2 hours is enough for me

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2008, 22:55:50 »

No hand ache at all

As does the xbox  :-/

My own xbox is connected (in bedrom) via VGA, as the TV in there only has vga and scart.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 November 2008, 23:00:06 »

No hand ache at all

Doesn't have Gran Turismo though and neither does it have Little Big Planet - anyway I'm off to play Motorstorm Pacific Rift :y

As to long game marathons - not into that anyway - 2 hours is enough for me

I'll give you that, Gran Turismo is the only game i would like, but its THE only game!

Little Big Planet sucks! - It will also flop

Targeted as the most popular game of all time, its heading for a big fall. In less than 6 months it will be dead.

A product like that won't work, they are already limiting themselves to less than 30% of the market.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 November 2008, 23:00:53 »

So....  If I wanted to strap a chaingun on with unlimited lives and ammo, viewing through a 40" plus LCD and a "break off the neighbours" sound system, which would you prefer??

edit - which is the best noisy shooty gun game to piss off the neighbours with then??   ;D

« Last Edit: 14 November 2008, 23:01:54 by hotel21 »

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 November 2008, 23:19:50 »

So....  If I wanted to strap a chaingun on with unlimited lives and ammo, viewing through a 40" plus LCD and a "break off the neighbours" sound system, which would you prefer??

edit - which is the best noisy shooty gun game to piss off the neighbours with then??   ;D

gears of war 2 on xbox360  8-) 8-)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 November 2008, 23:22:50 »

What I would recommend is going and seeing friends who have consoles, and get a feel for them yourself.  People will, by nature, recommend that they bought and state everything else is rubbish.

I'm too old for gaming, but I know most of the kids of the people at work have xboxes, not many have ps3.  Whether thats a cost thing, or fact xbox has been around longer, or purely because xbox live is better than anything else, I don't know...

One of my nephews has psone, ps/2, psp etc, but wants an xbox, not ps/3.  Another who has psone and ps/2, but wants ps/3 (but then his dad is nearly as pro sony as Martin Imber, and won't consider anything else).

I would let you borrow my xbox for a couple of weeks - and I have a few driving and shooter type games - but I lent it to a colleague, and can't get it back off him how ;D
Grumpy old man

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 November 2008, 00:50:55 »

What I would recommend is going and seeing friends who have consoles, and get a feel for them yourself.  People will, by nature, recommend that they bought and state everything else is rubbish.

I'm too old for gaming, but I know most of the kids of the people at work have xboxes, not many have ps3.  Whether thats a cost thing, or fact xbox has been around longer, or purely because xbox live is better than anything else, I don't know...

One of my nephews has psone, ps/2, psp etc, but wants an xbox, not ps/3.  Another who has psone and ps/2, but wants ps/3 (but then his dad is nearly as pro sony as Martin Imber, and won't consider anything else).

I would let you borrow my xbox for a couple of weeks - and I have a few driving and shooter type games - but I lent it to a colleague, and can't get it back off him how ;D

:o :o :o I thought you played with a Wii and also Mario Kart, is that not gaming??? :D :D :D

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 November 2008, 08:09:44 »

Think its been asked before (cant be arsed looking, to be honest....  :-[ )but what are the merits/demerits of Xbox360 versus PS3??

If looking for shoot-em-ups as the major gaming experience, whats the better??

Now look what you've started ;D
I like red cars

Bandit127

« Reply #27 on: 15 November 2008, 09:20:34 »

Playing coop on Halo3 or racing in PGR4 with your mates over t'internet. Priceless  :y

XBox live - makes the 360 the only choice for me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 November 2008, 09:47:20 »

:o :o :o I thought you played with a Wii and also Mario Kart, is that not gaming??? :D :D :D
I wouldn't class the Wii as proper gaming - its a fun console that you can pick up for 20mins after a night out, and have a laugh.  Defo not the same as xbox/gayStation type games, which are universally unsocialable...
Grumpy old man

cbs2

• Intermediate Member
  • East Kilbride
  • Right....Fire Up The Quattro!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 November 2008, 10:33:43 »

Got to be Call of Duty 4 or 5 m8. On a PS3. When you get bored of shooting people, you can stick a blueray film on & piss the neighbours off even more
For sheer kick ass graphics, COD 4 is amazing. The cinematic section when the nuclear bomb takes out half the gulf states left me knackered, and when the character finally passed away it ruined my night :-[

Some body please back me up on this, or I'm starting to look a right sad sack ;D
Taking part in the 2010 sucata split charity banger run. www.sucatasplit.com
www.boozebrothers2010.co.uk
Ex-mig owner................For now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.