Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I have....  (Read 10636 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Can I have....
« Reply #135 on: 22 December 2023, 14:59:14 »

There would be absolutely no point as you don't appear to have any confidence in what I have explained
Well, if you are unwilling to explain...

I was talking utter nonsense

But not worth getting into a heated debate over.  If you have a genuine solution to a problem nobody else can reliably solve, I urge you to post it for the benefit of others.

Beyond that, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 23 December 2023, 07:47:05 »

I have a couple of times but only received negative comments, the most recent was the RR key repair , someone even suggested that my vehicle would now be stolen and it wasn't  worth the risk ! But on the RR forum the guy who does the repairs has done several since I recommended him. So in future I won't recommend or mention any services that I receive good service from. Have a great Christmas , and enjoy any time off.🎄🎄🎄
« Last Edit: 23 December 2023, 08:00:52 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 27 December 2023, 14:29:00 »

But as a fellow owner of a JLR product, I am interested to hear what make part they are actually using, and what modification they make, as mine will soon be coming around to need doing again, as some are now approaching 6 years old...

...and having access to the warranty stats, I have a pretty good handle on the expected life and failure modes (generally switches or motor on the genuine part, add a piece of sprung plastic that controls the actuator that activates the switch setup on the chinese equivalent cloned part that is sold as the aftermarket option in the aftermarket network)...

If you want to be helpful, that is.

I have found an aftermarket part for swmbo's Evoque. Allows for simple locking and unlocking from the driver's seat and so far has proved 100% reliable. Also cost £2.99p.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EgeLOMY

I'm yet to establish why she isn't 100% satisfied...

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 27 December 2023, 15:07:38 »

But as a fellow owner of a JLR product, I am interested to hear what make part they are actually using, and what modification they make, as mine will soon be coming around to need doing again, as some are now approaching 6 years old...

...and having access to the warranty stats, I have a pretty good handle on the expected life and failure modes (generally switches or motor on the genuine part, add a piece of sprung plastic that controls the actuator that activates the switch setup on the chinese equivalent cloned part that is sold as the aftermarket option in the aftermarket network)...

I have found an aftermarket part for swmbo's Evoque. Allows for simple locking and unlocking from the driver's seat and so far has proved 100% reliable. Also cost £2.99p.

Perhaps it's the wrong shape.  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 27 December 2023, 15:13:20 »

Because she is a she. So it simply isnt possible.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 27 December 2023, 15:58:19 »

I have found  ;Dan aftermarket part for swmbo's Evoque. Allows for simple locking and unlocking from the driver's seat and so far has proved 100% reliable. Also cost £2.99p.

Perhaps it's the wrong shape.  ;)
Yes, Ron. A big, black dildo on the end of a stick would serve just as well in the door locking department, and would also come in handy on a long journey  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 28 December 2023, 19:15:14 »

Back to my original quest. Going to look at this tomorrow:

https://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/FORD/MONDEO/NK68YFH
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 28 December 2023, 19:58:30 »

Do the pipe & slippers come as standard  or optional extras ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 28 December 2023, 20:51:30 »

Looks nice! I guess ultimately it depends on what you want in terms of space. Whether it's boot floor size or overall volume that matters more.

An S-max might give you a higher driving position than the Mondeo (if that's something you care about) while being very similar underneath.

One thing I would say is check if the auto is a proper one, or a power shift dsg type affair. Those are well known to be problematic but I don't know when ford phased them out in favour of a more conventional slush box.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2023, 20:53:03 by Viral_Jim »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 28 December 2023, 21:03:21 »

I prefer it to the Honda he was going on about.

The Mondeo is actually quite good to drive whereas the Honda is more for deceased people. >:D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 28 December 2023, 21:40:15 »

Pipe and slippers are preferable to the coffin that comes with the omega  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 28 December 2023, 21:42:09 »

Looks nice! I guess ultimately it depends on what you want in terms of space. Whether it's boot floor size or overall volume that matters more.

An S-max might give you a higher driving position than the Mondeo (if that's something you care about) while being very similar underneath.

One thing I would say is check if the auto is a proper one, or a power shift dsg type affair. Those are well known to be problematic but I don't know when ford phased them out in favour of a more conventional slush box.
Thanks Jim, most of the S Max I looked at had starship miles and looked a bit tatty. They are bought to do a certain job and it takes its toll.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 28 December 2023, 22:41:45 »

Looks a nice car Steve, nice mileage & parts availability usually good & reasonably priced+ plenty of room for your four legged friend.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 29 December 2023, 09:17:32 »

Thanks Jim, most of the S Max I looked at had starship miles and looked a bit tatty. They are bought to do a certain job and it takes its toll.

Too true, taxis or family cars. Either way, they seem to age in dog years and wind up inexplicably sticky 🤢.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 29 December 2023, 10:55:43 »

Do a search on Ford Powershift gearboxes, as when looking at S-Max for MrsT most of the forums said the Powershift boxes woeful and easily fail.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.