Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OBD Diagnostic Problems  (Read 997 times)

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
OBD Diagnostic Problems
« on: 31 December 2009, 17:40:29 »

Hi All

Im pretty sure im opening myseld up for a verbal beating here but in the beggining of 2009 i went onto the mighty ebay and purchased for myself an OBD cable for connecting to my laptop. it came with lots of freeware inc Digimoto, vagcom, scan tool etc etc. Problem is i've only ever got it to work once on my brothers Audi A4 and that was a fluke.

My laptop runs Vista but i run the lead and programs in XP service pack 2 compatability mode, but to be sure i have also run it on the inlaws XP laptop.

I have checked the com port modes loads and loads of times and as far as i can see everything checks out as it should. It always says it cant find the interface (or other words to that effect on different programs)

Im sure there are a lot of opinions on these but what i really want to know is what am i doing wrong?

By the way I have been trying it today on a Citroen c3 but have also tried it on a vx combivan and my wifes Audi 80 all to no avail.

Please someone give me something really obvious i haven't yet thought of.

And a happy new year to all!!!!

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
Re: OBD Diagnostic Problems
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2009, 19:30:32 »

Search for other threads about it.
Don't think it will work. Omega not EOBD complient till about 2001 not
sure about TD engine.

If cheapo - ebay version very iffy, plus USB conection problems.

« Last Edit: 31 December 2009, 19:31:07 by iggy21uk »
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2010, 09:29:43 »

cheap vagcom type lead will never work on Omega.  No Vauxhall TD is OBDII compliant.

Cheapo tech2 cant read TD either (no dll, even if you fudge the ecu file)
Grumpy old man

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2010, 11:47:05 »

I've never tried it on the Omega. I brought it to use on my wifes Audi 80 which also required a 2+2 adaptor cable.

My inlaws Citroen C3's engine management light came on on xmas day and they are so technically phobic that they now wont drive it more than down the shops for fear of it going bang. I have tried telling them its more than likely just a sensor or emissions device gone faulty but they know best :-X :-X

They are in almost as much financial schtuck as i am so i was trying to save them a few quid if i could. At least i've managed to talk them out of having to go to the Citroen dealer and now going to a Bosch service centre instead.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2010, 12:24:57 »

I've never tried it on the Omega. I brought it to use on my wifes Audi 80 which also required a 2+2 adaptor cable.

My inlaws Citroen C3's engine management light came on on xmas day and they are so technically phobic that they now wont drive it more than down the shops for fear of it going bang. I have tried telling them its more than likely just a sensor or emissions device gone faulty but they know best :-X :-X

They are in almost as much financial schtuck as i am so i was trying to save them a few quid if i could. At least i've managed to talk them out of having to go to the Citroen dealer and now going to a Bosch service centre instead.
For the Audi, Vagcom is hard to beat, and a fairly sensible price for its capabilities.

The C3 will be OBDII
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.