Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worth a punt ??  (Read 1215 times)

HolyCount

Worth a punt ??
« on: 31 December 2009, 17:35:04 »

Am just after a car boot sale lugger and have a 2nd chance offer on this .... what d'you reckon, is it worth a gamble?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130354402272&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
Re: Worth a punt ??
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2009, 17:49:10 »

don't look to bad but Toyota engines cost a bomb to replace unless you can get one from a breakers

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2009, 17:59:38 »

It is not often that Toyota's go wrong. It all depends on how much time you've got, storage space in case it takes you a while to get it sorted. I suppose that you have to bear in mind that Japenese parts are more expensive too.

What you could do, is if you do have the time to get it running, just set yourself a target budget to get it sorted? £300 is not exactly breaking the bank.

Last point, would you still be able to get parts for it?

Welung666

« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2009, 18:24:50 »

It's a grey import, parts will be like hen's teeth. Oh and IMHO it's FUGLY ;D ;D

HolyCount

« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2009, 18:57:57 »

It's a grey import, parts will be like hen's teeth. Oh and IMHO it's FUGLY ;D ;D

Fugly's right -- but it doesn't have to look good -- just cart crap stock around.

Hadn't thought about the grey import thing --- I gather the parts for those aren't the same as the equivalent european model  :-?

Don't reckon it's going to be terminal --- unless the guy is being economical with the truth. Just to park it up one night and get zilch the next day is going to be electrical I reckon. If mechanical (apart from seized / jammed starter) it would have at least tried to turn over and grind a bit.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2009, 19:06:57 »

Regarding the seller being economical with the truth, in my opinion thats exactly what he is being......

How can you state you drove it for a few days then parked it up and then state a suspected engine seizure........???

If he was being honest he would have said probably the starter or something minor, but to put engine seizure on his list hints to me that he knows exactly what has happened to it.....

And if it owes him £1200 like he says, why wouldn't he make an effort to find out what the problem is so IF it IS an easy fix, he can knock the price up a bit......

I think the engine has seized and he knows damn well it has.......!!!!

Just my opinion....!!

:y :y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

HolyCount

« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2009, 19:37:05 »

You have a point there Webby -- he is going OTT covering his back !

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2009, 19:41:35 »

Second chance offer too mate.......??

Means first buyer has bottled out, for whatever reason....also hints at maybe he went to collect it/view it and discovered the truth.....??

Dont want to put you off buying it buddy, just go into it with your eyes open if you know what I mean!!!

:)
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

HolyCount

« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2009, 19:47:14 »

Winning bidder only had feedback of 2 -- seller stipulated 10 minimum and sent 2nd chance within minutes of auction end. Think I will give it a miss. Did think if worst came to worst I would break it -- but can't really be bothered. Time is not in great supply as it is !!!!

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 December 2009, 19:49:02 »

Winning bidder only had feedback of 2 -- seller stipulated 10 minimum and sent 2nd chance within minutes of auction end.

Fair enough, I take that back then !

:y

Dodger

• Intermediate Member
  • Here in the sunny south!
  • I taught I saw a puddytat!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2009, 20:19:41 »

Sounds like he bought it, thinking it was an easy fix, then found more serious problems, and decided to 'move it on' asap.
seized engine...overnight???   no way. sounds like it was on its way out, and he's looking for a quick way out.

leave well alone mate...
I always knew I'd inherit an estate, but I never thought this would be it!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2009, 22:27:05 »

i'd rather walk

HolyCount

« Reply #12 on: 31 December 2009, 22:44:05 »

Yep -- have decided to steer clear of this one -- there are always more on the horizon  :)

Thanks for the input guys -- much appreciated  :y :y

bigboykarl

• barnsley/london.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 January 2010, 13:30:03 »

engine parts are same as previa lucida emina so not that rare...do have water pump problems though so can easily boil
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.