Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple faults on my 3.2 omega? Help!  (Read 1449 times)

Joshmo295

• Ireland
  • 3.2 omega/ Ford Sierra
    • Ford want an omega
    • View Profile
Multiple faults on my 3.2 omega? Help!
« on: 31 March 2021, 22:43:01 »

I recently got MOT for my omega while happy and pleased with myself as I done 99% of the work
On the other hand I’m not mechanical minded in where things are now I have 7 faults on my dash and I’m using my omega as my daily currently while I’m replacing the gear box in another
The fault codes read
P1111-4 intake manifold 2 open
P0420-1 catalysts system Efficiency below threshold(bank1)
P0520-2 catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2
P0300-1 random multiple cylinder misfire
P0302-1 cylinder 2 misfire
P0306-1 cylinder 6 misfire
Before I had the car threw MOT I changed spark plugs to NGK and got the timing belt , water pump and fan belt, done a lot of other work but that was the main work done on the engine I tryed to clean them already but nothing turns off  if anyone could shine any light on now to go about sloving problems before I buy coil packs at 125 for a set, I would be greatly appreciated,

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple faults on my 3.2 omega? Help!
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2021, 23:10:27 »

The 0520 is probably 0430, and was factory fitted along with the 0420... (pre cat efficiency codes) Basically, Wynns fuel treatment plus a full tank of Shell V-Power (or whatever it is called this week) and rag the living daylights out of it. If you get more than 200 miles out of it then you weren't trying.

But first, remove the 246 coil pack and fix whatever you find... Oil/water in the plug wells (replace the camcover seals/remove foam from the scuttle) / crap plugs/knackered coil pack.

The 1114 might be another red herring, but check all the vacuum lines and plugs, especially the multi ram ones.
Onanists always think outside the box.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2021, 08:20:56 »

You say you've just had the belt done. Did the car come back with these faults? Or have they appeared since the belt was done? How long ago was the belt done? (Time/Miles) You also say a 'lot of other work', can you expand?

FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Joshmo295

• Ireland
  • 3.2 omega/ Ford Sierra
    • Ford want an omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2021, 09:10:47 »

The 0520 is probably 0430, and was factory fitted along with the 0420... (pre cat efficiency codes) Basically, Wynns fuel treatment plus a full tank of Shell V-Power (or whatever it is called this week) and rag the living daylights out of it. If you get more than 200 miles out of it then you weren't trying.

But first, remove the 246 coil pack and fix whatever you find... Oil/water in the plug wells (replace the camcover seals/remove foam from the scuttle) / crap plugs/knackered coil pack.

The 1114 might be another red herring, but check all the vacuum lines and plugs, especially the multi ram ones.

When I changed the spark plugs there was water sitting on top of the spark plugs so we sucked it all out could that of caused the coil pack to become faulty?

Joshmo295

• Ireland
  • 3.2 omega/ Ford Sierra
    • Ford want an omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2021, 09:17:30 »

You say you've just had the belt done. Did the car come back with these faults? Or have they appeared since the belt was done? How long ago was the belt done? (Time/Miles) You also say a 'lot of other work', can you expand?

Engine work was timing belt fan belt spark plugs, full oil water service on everything even pollen filter, starter got reconditioned and so did the alternator
Rest of the work was breaks bearings exhaust/exhaust manifold, engine mounts.
When I got the timing belt done it would of been November/December, buy a qualified mechanic which does all of my work I don’t know how to do or don’t want to attempt to do. I done 500 miles when I noticed the misfire but checked last night with his code reader.  Codes cleared this moring but obviously there’s something wrong when it keeps coming up.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2021, 09:53:08 »

When I changed the spark plugs there was water sitting on top of the spark plugs so we sucked it all out could that of caused the coil pack to become faulty?

Easily.
 Pull it back out, clean and inspect it for damage, cracks etc.
While you're waiting for the new one to arrive, take the scuttle off, remove the foam, and ensure when the scuttle goes back on that any leaks can't run onto the engine

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2021, 19:27:59 »

Easily.
 Pull it back out, clean and inspect it for damage, cracks etc.
While you're waiting for the new one to arrive, take the scuttle off, remove the foam, and ensure when the scuttle goes back on that any leaks can't run onto the engine

On one of mine the scuttle had a hole in the gasket to the hood. That led to water pouring straight down on the coil pack and shortening one of the plugs.
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.