Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Safe"  (Read 2976 times)

DerrickBaker

• Hartlepool
    • View Profile
"Safe"
« on: 08 November 2007, 20:26:55 »

The radio in my Elite won't switch on and the display panel indicates "Safe". When I press the radio on/off button todays date replaces the word safe on the display. It was worlking fine yesterday. Any ideas?

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: "Safe"
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2007, 20:30:15 »

Spounds like the power feed has been broken and remade causing it to go into safe mode.  Check your handbook for the radio pass and input the code.  From memory, press and hold the AS button when switching on then depress the channel 1 - 4 buttons however many times you need to input the carpass number.  Button 1 refers to digit one, one press brings it up to zero, a second press makes numeral one, another is two etc.

Check the manual for fuller details...

Will move to the adio section so other audiophiles can assist better....   :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2007, 20:30:25 »

It means you have to re-enter the code. Have you disconnected the car battery?
I like red cars

ghondie

• sheerness,kent,uk
  • Looking for work, any offers?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2007, 09:36:47 »

Does it only display safe?

or does it have ---- on the display as well?

it should have a number followed by the dashes ie 10----

this is when you can put your code in.

if not you may have to wait with the radio switched on for a while, this depends on how many code attempts are left, the more times you get it wrong, the longer you have to wait until you can enter the code again.

if no joy i believe that this is a tech2 jobby.

regards
nathan
Man with a mission. not sure what it is but i've got one
Sheerness Lifeboat Crew and ILB Mechanic

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2007, 13:37:12 »

Yours is probably like my Elite - i.e. there is no radio code - just the car code which needs Tech 2 if there is a problem. Don't understand though why if it is the original screen it should do this - normally I thought you just reconnect after battery out and radio/display automatically paired.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2007, 14:21:54 »

Yours is probably like my Elite - i.e. there is no radio code - just the car code which needs Tech 2 if there is a problem. Don't understand though why if it is the original screen it should do this - normally I thought you just reconnect after battery out and radio/display automatically paired.

Not on a 1999 model year.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2007, 14:41:01 »

Same on an '02 facelift?
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2007, 14:46:37 »

Same on an '02 facelift?

If it has an NCDC sat nav unit....thn yes.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2007, 00:19:27 »

Does it only display safe?

or does it have ---- on the display as well?

it should have a number followed by the dashes ie 10----

this is when you can put your code in.

if not you may have to wait with the radio switched on for a while, this depends on how many code attempts are left, the more times you get it wrong, the longer you have to wait until you can enter the code again.

if no joy i believe that this is a tech2 jobby.

regards
nathan
Will only show SAFE when switched on.  Only gives the countdown when attempting to enter code ;)
Grumpy old man

EllonOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2007, 18:14:27 »

I have a 2003 Omega and I also have this safe mode. I got a bluetooth hands free thing installed and the battery was obviously disconnected. However I had lost the code and got another from Vauxhall for the CD/ Radio but it didn't work. Thing is I tried it 3 times but my CD Radio is just on SAFE now all the time. No more attempts seem to be available and I was thinking of just getting a new CD/ Radio.
Can anyone advise costs of new CD/ Radio please?
If I am maybe not doing something right regarding the code and you can offer advice on how to salvage it please let me know also. Although I fear the worst with the CD Player
Thanks

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 November 2007, 20:57:02 »

You could always try here ...

http://www.31bubblegum.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=post&action=display&thread=1187539795

I entered the radio chassis code ( had to take it out to read it !!) and within 12 hours they gave me the original passcode .. which worked a treat  :)

If the code has been changed at any time they can't help, but worth a try methinks ??  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2007, 23:06:06 »

I have a 2003 Omega and I also have this safe mode. I got a bluetooth hands free thing installed and the battery was obviously disconnected. However I had lost the code and got another from Vauxhall for the CD/ Radio but it didn't work. Thing is I tried it 3 times but my CD Radio is just on SAFE now all the time. No more attempts seem to be available and I was thinking of just getting a new CD/ Radio.
If I am maybe not doing something right regarding the code and you can offer advice on how to salvage it please let me know also. Although I fear the worst with the CD Player
Thanks
Its in a 'wait state', and the ignition must be left on for the entire duration of this wait state before you can enter the code.
Grumpy old man

Boldy

• Latvia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2007, 10:14:59 »

Sometimes i really like that i live in the Latvia - we have people here who can disable those codes on any head unit for about 10-15 LVL ( about 15 pounds ;) cant find that currency sign on my keybord) I know that it is not very legal though :)

EllonOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 November 2007, 12:27:11 »

Thanks
Its in a 'wait state', and the ignition must be left on for the entire duration of this wait state before you can enter the code.

So I need to leave the ignition on for a period and I should then, hopefuly, get a chance to enter the code again?
Thanks, will try that and see how it goes, cheers for the advise!!

EllonOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 November 2007, 12:28:37 »

You could always try here ...

http://www.31bubblegum.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=post&action=display&thread=1187539795

I entered the radio chassis code ( had to take it out to read it !!) and within 12 hours they gave me the original passcode .. which worked a treat  :)

If the code has been changed at any time they can't help, but worth a try methinks ??  :)

Can you tell me how I get the CD player out without destroying the facia to check the code?

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 November 2007, 16:56:17 »

we have people here who can disable those codes on any head unit for about 10-15 LVL ( about 15 pounds ;) cant find that currency sign on my keybord) I know that it is not very legal though :)
Don't see why it is a problem? As long as you have not stolen the headunit! The property belongs to you and is actually there should the unit be stolen from your car.

Boldy

• Latvia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 November 2007, 15:13:45 »

we have people here who can disable those codes on any head unit for about 10-15 LVL ( about 15 pounds ;) cant find that currency sign on my keybord) I know that it is not very legal though :)
Don't see why it is a problem? As long as you have not stolen the headunit! The property belongs to you and is actually there should the unit be stolen from your car.

Agree, but as quite a few people has steeling as their main business, there goes mainly stolen units. I had stolen from my cars about 5 head units :(
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.