Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Size of 6x9's  (Read 4599 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Size of 6x9's
« Reply #45 on: 02 December 2010, 13:39:04 »

Would the Prefaclift Tweeter covers fit a Facelift model?

(These are the plastic Triangles near the edge of the front doors. On the prefacelift they housed Tweeters, on the Facelift they were just blank).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-FRONT-DOOR-TWEETER-SPEAKER-X2-/170261745321?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27a4640ea9#ht_1379wt_905

Raj

If your asking whether they would fit in the same place on a FL, don't see why not or you could make them fit, but why, I thought you were upgrading the speakers, there's not much room in those triangle things, I would have thought you would have better options and more room fitting bigger tweeters behind the door panels as on the FaceLift.

Chris.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2010, 13:40:07 by zirk »

rajveer.sandhu

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 December 2010, 14:06:04 »

The front door speakers have been installed.
However the Vibe Tweeter is too large (diameter) to fit in the standard Facelift tweeter holder.
I was thinking maybe that this triangle could be modified easily to accommodate it, raher than trying to cut sections out the FL one. (As when I come to sell the car I would like to restore it back to the original equipment).

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02 December 2010, 15:06:13 »

Fair comment about putting the car back to standard for the next owner, still think you would have more options on the square FL grill though, what if you remove the whole tweeter housing, and make up some sort of hardboard spacer to mount the new tweeter behind the grill, you hot glue it or something so it could be removed later.

Or go down the route of fitting the PF mirror grills somehow, but I think I know what I would do.
 ;)
« Last Edit: 02 December 2010, 15:09:45 by zirk »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.