Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Not being feelin to clever lately......  (Read 5462 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Not being feelin to clever lately......
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2016, 22:21:03 »

And they wonder why people turn up to A&E >:(

The clue is there Accident and Emergency. It's not a bloody walk-in centre for people with a cough or a cold, and scraped knee's, Follow your doctors surgery procedure for booking an appointment, might mean getting up at 8.25 and start ringing up for an appointment,
I may not be medically trained, but take couple off paracetamol, good sniff of olbas oil, go to bed, ( stop smoking) if you do.
 rant over for a little while. :(

Kin ell Griff  ::)

Are you after my OOF foot in mouth title or what   ;D ;D ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2016, 06:28:39 »

Read the OP, he can't get one! :o :y
I have, the op wants it now, I know when we are unwell seeing a doctor,is a thing you require, and trying to book an appointment before you get ill, can't be done, most surgery's offer a same day service, this means ringing up as soon as they open, or being on the door,when they open.

As a thought, what did we do before we all had cars, in the oldern days.!
Hoof'land storeman.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 March 2016, 06:47:57 »

I have, the op wants it now, I know when we are unwell seeing a doctor,is a thing you require, and trying to book an appointment before you get ill, can't be done, most surgery's offer a same day service, this means ringing up as soon as they open, or being on the door,when they open.

I don't know where you read that, I wouldn't have minded waiting a week for appointment with my doc. I was told no appointment available and to goto walk in centre. So, I went and was told there was a four hour wait, would you really sit there in a room that is full of other unwell patients for 4 hours  :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 March 2016, 09:18:06 »

The problem is, Doctors' surgeries have targets to meet and I suspect one of them is that nobody should wait more than x days for an appointment. This has the side effect that it's impossible to book an appointment more than x days ahead even if it's what you, the customer, find most convenient.  ::)

If nothing's available you get "phone back tomorrow". You're then waiting for an appointment, of course, but not visible in their statistics.

It's an absolute pain when having to book up for a routine non-urgent visit, that they always say "oh, well, we've got one in 20 minutes" but won't let you book you something the following week when you can arrange work around it.  >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 March 2016, 09:21:10 »

I don't know where you read that, I wouldn't have minded waiting a week for appointment with my doc. I was told no appointment available and to goto walk in centre. So, I went and was told there was a four hour wait, would you really sit there in a room that is full of other  :o patients for 4 hours  :-\

that's why they are there, can't be that bad if you don't wish to sit with unwell people. Unwell people normally congregate at doctors.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 March 2016, 15:15:07 »

Nah, he's just filling in as Chief Forum Troll whilst Gixers in exile!  :-X.                             :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 March 2016, 15:26:20 »

Nah, he's just filling in as Chief Forum Troll whilst Gixers in exile!  :-X.                             :D  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 March 2016, 15:54:59 »

Nah, he's just filling in as Chief Forum Troll whilst Gixers in exile!  :-X .                             :D ;D

Trolls don't have a valid point!

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 March 2016, 22:54:55 »

Well that was an interesting time this afternoon....got an emergency appointment at the docs.....after explaining to the receptionist who was at first refusing to give me an appointment again, that my blood sugar had gone through the roof (normally a max of 8 was now 25)

So went to docs....after some tests....decided I had an abnormally high temp....suspected chest infection and fairly serious unwell....and got sent to A&E with a letter from doc.

Medical team at A&E.....did blood tests.....chest xray, had me on oxygen (not full face mask, just tube up nose) as my oxygen was low.....and declared I had a chest infection with possible pneumonia.

The doc at A&E wanted to admit me, so they could give me a drip of antibiotics for 24hrs.....me being me....decided I didn't want to stay...and fair play the doc tried really hard to get me admitted....it wasnt going to happen. So in the end....it was agreed I had one bag of drip antibiotics.....and discharged with two lots of antibiotic tabs....the doc pointed out the instructions for the tabs say take one tab 2x a day and the other says take  1 tab 3x a day.....he said ive crossed  those instructions out ....and take double the amount .....got home about 10.15 ......

TBH I feel a bit better tonight.....presumably the drugs they were giving me this afternoon/evening  :y

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 March 2016, 23:11:17 »

I don't know where you read that, I wouldn't have minded waiting a week for appointment with my doc. I was told no appointment available and to goto walk in centre. So, I went and was told there was a four hour wait, would you really sit there in a room that is full of other  :o patients for 4 hours  :-\

that's why they are there, can't be that bad if you don't wish to sit with unwell people. Unwell people normally congregate at doctors.

And hence why you aint a doctor.....Doc at A&E is going to give me a call in the morning to check I'm ok....as she was very concerned about my health  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 March 2016, 09:31:14 »

Best wishes TD for a swift recovery. :y :y :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 March 2016, 09:34:47 »

Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember that when you rang the Doctor when feeling ill, he drove to your house, in the middle of the night, and even in the sticks, to assess, and if necessary, treat you. :y :y :y

baggedestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Gillingham kent
    • 3.2 estate ex police
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 March 2016, 10:20:51 »

My old man has really bad cough. He is 80. I rang our doctors up yesterday to book appointment at 8am. Said they was fully booked for 2 weeks. Then I said what am I ment to do now. He is 80 suffers from dementia and his carers are highlighting the problem alot. Managed to get booked in at 4pm same day lol. So much for the 2 weeks wait

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 March 2016, 18:13:27 »

Best wishes TD for a swift recovery. :y :y :y

Thankyou Shackeng.....I hope it clears up by Monday.....as I want/need to get back to work.....that's the problem being self employed....no worky....no pay.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 March 2016, 23:19:36 »

Chin up Dave. Follow the instructions as directed and you'll be back in the cab before you knew you should have had another few days..... :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.