Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: power steering failure!  (Read 2753 times)

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
Re: power steering failure!
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2008, 20:06:55 »

not sure if this helps but if we're talking about the same fuse that blew on me it could just be the speed sensitive part of power steering circuit. ie it gives lots of assistance at low speed for turning etc then less as the speed increases as you don't need it then.
Perfectly safe but just heavy to turn at low speed.

don't quote me on that :y[/quote]

Funny you should that cos when i started it earlier the pas seems to work ok when the car's stood still, there does seem to still be a bit there when i drive it aswell.

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2008, 20:09:37 »

check for foriegn obects in front and rear fag lighter sockets bud ! had same on father in laws car and found a five pence piece in back lighter !! :y

I really do hope it's something that simple.

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2008, 15:19:58 »

Right, i popped down timbuks earlier, brought some fuses, removed the fag lighters, uplugged the electrics on the front seats and the fuse still went pop.
i'll get the cc panel off tommorow and have a look behind there but i've been digging around various forums and a speed sensor may be at fault.
Anyone one know where this is located??

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2008, 17:13:38 »

in the steering box i think !! :-?

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 April 2008, 17:36:38 »

Right, i've just had a fiddle about with the fuses and relays in the 2 black boxes over the battery.
I stuck another fuse in and hey presto it all works again 8-)

So i closed the bonnet and the fuse blew again :(

Open the bonnet again, move a little wiring loom about a bit and gently closed the bonnet, put yet another fuse in and it's working again :y

I did all this at my dad's at shifnal and drove the 5 miles back to mine with no probs.

I don't know what them fuses and relays run but i've narrowed it down to them boxes.

We'll see what happens, fingers crossed :P

philhoward

• Staffs
  • Love the engines, so put one in something else..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 April 2008, 21:28:08 »

Sounds like you and I might have found the same problem at the same time...my fuse 14 kept blowing.

The only thing (so far) which keeps it OK is me having disconnected the heated washer jets (same bit of loom you've found).  Time will tell... [smiley=wink.gif]

BTW...that loom unplugs by the pollen filter - under the flap in the scuttle...
« Last Edit: 27 April 2008, 21:32:16 by philhoward »
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 April 2008, 22:41:18 »

I'm not sure you're on about the same loom, the one i fiddled with is actually in the bigger of the 2 black boxes.

But i'll keep that in mind if i still have probs with it :y

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2008, 23:17:56 »

Well i've finally found what was causing the fuse to blow, some one had disconnected 2 wires in the bonnet for what i think is the heated washer jets.
They were tucked up behind the lagging and were touching together causing the fuse to blow, so i've taped them up and no more blown fuses :)

I didn't even know mine had heated washers but i'm guessing they were disconnected for the same reason, blowing fuses ::)

So hopefully all sorted now :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #23 on: 02 May 2008, 05:42:17 »

Well i've finally found what was causing the fuse to blow, some one had disconnected 2 wires in the bonnet for what i think is the heated washer jets.
They were tucked up behind the lagging and were touching together causing the fuse to blow, so i've taped them up and no more blown fuses :)

I didn't even know mine had heated washers but i'm guessing they were disconnected for the same reason, blowing fuses ::)

So hopefully all sorted now :y

It's great that you have found the answer to your blowing fuse problem, but aren't you now going to replace / repair the heated water jets? :o :o ;D ;D   Your car will not be complete without them....no self respecting Omega owner can accept  that situation long term!  ;D ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.